Posted to rec.woodworking

Default mortised lock assy

A while back I caught a show about morising an "old style" lock into a
door. (Think skeleton key). This thing clamped to the edge of the
door and using what looked like a router, it cut the slot wide and
deep into the door. It had a winding mechanism that moved to bit up
and down and forward.

Is this a store bought machine and who sells it?

Posted to rec.woodworking

How about this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-5...2246042&sr=1-3

Might be others.

MJM

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:32:08 -0800, "CW"
wrote:

That was Norm and it was a Porter Cable.

....when I bought mine it was $950...when you consider what you can
charge for installing a box lock, and how long (and iffy, depending on
door thickness) it takes to drill and chisel by hand, it's a helluva
bargain.

cg