Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Master of the obvious.

While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced up at
the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed. Thanks a bunch.
"COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was still giggling to myself
about this new fangled technology when it sunk in that "NOW COOLING" meant
I'll have blueberry muffins shortly. Should've taken the time to brew a
second pot of coffee. One isn't doing the job today.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced up
at the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed. Thanks a
bunch. "COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was still giggling
to myself about this new fangled technology when it sunk in that "NOW
COOLING" meant I'll have blueberry muffins shortly. Should've taken the
time to brew a second pot of coffee. One isn't doing the job today.

Our microwave says " Enjoy Your Meal" after I reheat a cup of coffee. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced up
at the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed. Thanks a
bunch. "COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was still giggling
to myself about this new fangled technology when it sunk in that "NOW
COOLING" meant I'll have blueberry muffins shortly. Should've taken the
time to brew a second pot of coffee. One isn't doing the job today.

Our microwave says " Enjoy Your Meal" after I reheat a cup of coffee. ;~)

Ours did that, too. Until I threw it out in the driveway and crushed it
under the truck.

I don't need some machine telling me what to do.

:-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 5, 2:33*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"MikeWhy" wrote in message

While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced up
at the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed. Thanks a
bunch. "COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was still giggling
to myself about this new fangled technology when it sunk in that "NOW
COOLING" meant I'll have blueberry muffins shortly. Should've taken the
time to brew a second pot of coffee. One isn't doing the job today.

Our microwave says " Enjoy Your Meal" * after I reheat a cup of coffee. *;~)

Well, that does happen to be my breakfast most of the time, so it does
qualify as a meal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 5, 3:06*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Jan 5, 2:33*pm, "Leon" wrote:

"MikeWhy" wrote in message

. ..

While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced up
at the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed. Thanks a
bunch. "COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was still giggling
to myself about this new fangled technology when it sunk in that "NOW
COOLING" meant I'll have blueberry muffins shortly. Should've taken the
time to brew a second pot of coffee. One isn't doing the job today.

Our microwave says " Enjoy Your Meal" * after I reheat a cup of coffee. *;~)

Well, that does happen to be my breakfast most of the time, so it does
qualify as a meal. *

I had a client come in and have me make a sign for his bar:

"Beer, it is not just for breakfast anymore."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 5, 2:06*pm, RicodJour wrote:

Well, that does happen to be my breakfast most of the time, so it does
qualify as a meal. *

Right there with you, buddy. I can only eat breakfast after about
10:00 am.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 5, 3:27*pm, "
wrote:
On Jan 5, 2:06*pm, RicodJour wrote:

Well, that does happen to be my breakfast most of the time, so it does
qualify as a meal. *

Right there with you, buddy. *I can only eat breakfast after about
10:00 am.

Robert

Angela likes to make me a solid meal on the weekends. During the week,
well, we're all too damn busy to eat a proper breakfast, green tea and
a banana and I'm good till mmm about 11-ish then it is next door to
John's and I eat.
BUT... on Saturdays?? "Here, hon, have this moose-ka-bab!. "It is
lean!" " Oh?? You don't like those pork-chops hanging off the end of
it??" "Let me crack you a couple of oh-s0-yummy Grolsch lagers" before
I feed you this bacon soup......"

..
..
..
..
....then I wake up and eat green stuff.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced up
at the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed. Thanks a
bunch. "COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was still giggling
to myself about this new fangled technology when it sunk in that "NOW
COOLING" meant I'll have blueberry muffins shortly. Should've taken the
time to brew a second pot of coffee. One isn't doing the job today.

Our microwave says " Enjoy Your Meal" after I reheat a cup of coffee.
;~)

My wife doesn't even say that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:33:27 -0600, Leon wrote:

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced
up at the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed.
Thanks a bunch. "COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was
still giggling to myself about this new fangled technology when it sunk
in that "NOW COOLING" meant I'll have blueberry muffins shortly.
Should've taken the time to brew a second pot of coffee. One isn't
doing the job today.

Our microwave says " Enjoy Your Meal" after I reheat a cup of coffee.
;~)

I chuckle about our PT cruiser display. I says "door ajar" when I open
the door and "doors ajar" when my wife does also. A car that cares about
the difference between singular and plural!

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:33:27 -0600, Leon wrote:

I chuckle about our PT cruiser display. I says "door ajar" when I open
the door and "doors ajar" when my wife does also. A car that cares about
the difference between singular and plural!

Out vehicles say that also however I don't think the door is actually "a
jar."

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

"Leon" wrote in message ...

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
om...
On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 13:33:27 -0600, Leon wrote:

I chuckle about our PT cruiser display. I says "door ajar" when I open
the door and "doors ajar" when my wife does also. A car that cares about
the difference between singular and plural!

Out vehicles say that also however I don't think the door is actually "a
jar."

Ectually, the only time a door is not a door is when it is "a jar". G

P D Q
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 5, 12:38 pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
While pouring the much needed remains of the pot of coffee, I glanced up at
the microwave to see what time it was. "NOW," it proclaimed. Thanks a bunch.
"COOLING", it went on to say. Over and over. I was still giggling to myself
about this new fangled technology when it sunk in that "NOW COOLING" meant
I'll have blueberry muffins shortly. Should've taken the time to brew a
second pot of coffee. One isn't doing the job today.

Our dishwasher switches from counting down the time remaining to
flashing "HO" for a while in the middle of the cycle. I can't figure
out if it thinks it's Santa or doesn't like SWMBO.