Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is it with this place?

I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around
to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but by
then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up, still
minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades drawer. So
where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw
them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something else, might
even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around
to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but
by then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up,
still minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades
drawer. So where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I
know I saw them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something
else, might even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of
you guys seen my saw blades?

No, but if you help me find the keys to my truck we can drive around and
look for them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

LD wrote:
"MikeWhy" wrote in message
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally
got
around to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after
Thanksgiving, but by then, I had already misplaced the saw.
Yesterday, the saw popped up, still minus its blade of course, in
(of all places) the saws and blades drawer. So where do you suppose
the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw them a few
times
in the past weeks while looking for something else, might even have
moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

No, but if you help me find the keys to my truck we can drive around
and look for them.

Hey, if you find them can one of you drive me to the optician so I can
get some new glasses to help me find my old ones?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

MikeWhy wrote:
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around
to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but by
then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up, still
minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades drawer. So
where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw
them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something else, might
even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

They're with my shop flashlight, which has been AWOL since last
spring. My metric allen wrench set disappeared for several months so I
bought a new set. The next day the old ones appeared under the seat of
my scooter. A miracle. Now have two sets to lose.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A millennium is like a centennial,
only it has more legs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

This time of year, isn't that called the eggnog effect?

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
This time of year, isn't that called the eggnog effect?

Nahh, it's a brief transition to an alternate universe. One time I
went to get a stamp. I knew they were in the center console to the
car, which was a rectangular box with no nooks or crannies. Opened it
up and there were no stamps there. The next day I checked it in
daylight. Still no stamps. Got a new roll of stamps next time I went
to the post office, went to toss them into the center console and by
golly _now_ there was a roll of stamps in there.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:00:06 -0600, "MikeWhy" wrote:

I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around
to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but by
then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up, still
minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades drawer. So
where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw
them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something else, might
even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

Probably went to the same place that one sock of each pair goes, into a black
hole..
Most likely, your blades are is said black hole, having coffee with my pack of a
dozen 12" sanding disks..
Been looking for them off and on for a year with no luck, and there aren't a lot
of places that you can put a 14" x 14" package that requires a flat surface in
my shop that isn't highly visible..
I've decided that it's time to locate them, though..
I'll order another dozen, and the old ones will show up the day after the new
ones get here..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

MikeWhy wrote:
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got
around to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after
Thanksgiving, but by then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday,
the saw popped up, still minus its blade of course, in (of all places)
the saws and blades drawer. So where do you suppose the package of
replacement blades are? I know I saw them a few times in the past weeks
while looking for something else, might even have moved them aside to
make space for something. Any of you guys seen my saw blades?

They're not lost. Look in the shoebox marked "recipes" in the flour bin.
happy to be of service,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
MikeWhy wrote:
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got
around to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after
Thanksgiving, but by then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday,
the saw popped up, still minus its blade of course, in (of all places)
the saws and blades drawer. So where do you suppose the package of
replacement blades are? I know I saw them a few times in the past weeks
while looking for something else, might even have moved them aside to
make space for something. Any of you guys seen my saw blades?

They're with my shop flashlight, which has been AWOL since last spring. My
metric allen wrench set disappeared for several months so I bought a new
set. The next day the old ones appeared under the seat of my scooter. A
miracle. Now have two sets to lose.

If you see them, tell them to send my hacksaw frames back home.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

in the past weeks while looking for something else, might even have
moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

No, but if you help me find the keys to my truck we can drive around
and look for them.

Hey, if you find them can one of you drive me to the optician so I can
get some new glasses to help me find my old ones?

I have to keep my mind on a stout chain to prevent me losing it.
Unfortunately I can't find the other end of the chain I think it was
swallowed by a polka-dot wooden duck named Ida which flew south for the
winter and then went into business selling moonbeams to penguins who need
them in the manufacture of transient saw blades, glasses, wrenches and
interdimensional key rings oops it wasn't a polka duck it was a poltergoose

There, that explains everything.

To never lose anything ever again, tie EVERYTHING to a piece of string but
keep hold of the other end and don't let a goose get hold of it and don't be
persuaded to let go for anything or anybody. Colour code every string
differently. Simple practical and effective.

Posted to rec.woodworking

MikeWhy wrote:

So where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are?

For years handed out small screwdrivers with a magnet in one end.

Would caution the person receiving the screwdriver that it had a set
of invisible legs which the screwdriver used to run away and hide when
you weren't looking.

My bet is those blades came equipped with a set of those invisible
legs.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bored Borg wrote:
[...]

Reminds me of a scene in "City of Ember".

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"MikeWhy" wrote in message
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally
got
around to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after
Thanksgiving, but by then, I had already misplaced the saw.
Yesterday, the saw popped up, still minus its blade of course, in
(of all places) the saws and blades drawer. So where do you suppose
the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw them a few
times
in the past weeks while looking for something else, might even have
moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

No, but if you help me find the keys to my truck we can drive around
and look for them.

Hey, if you find them can one of you drive me to the optician so I can
get some new glasses to help me find my old ones?

Look on top of your head.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

We used to love those ad screwdrivers. We'd get em by the handful and then
just mangle them for whatever we needed, grind em, bend em, shape em. Do
whatever, it didn't matter they where free and plentiful. We should have a
contest for the most creative use of one of those things. Now I'm not in
that type of business anymore and now I have no ad screwdrivers. :-(

SteveP.

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
MikeWhy wrote:

So where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are?

For years handed out small screwdrivers with a magnet in one end.

Would caution the person receiving the screwdriver that it had a set of
invisible legs which the screwdriver used to run away and hide when you
weren't looking.

My bet is those blades came equipped with a set of those invisible legs.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 18, 9:31*am, mac davis wrote:
[...]

Scientists have established that all lost socks, saw-blades, air-line
luggage etc have created Saturn's rings.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Highland Pairos wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"MikeWhy" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I found the box of screw extractors I had left on the garage
roof.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:21:47 +0000, J. Clarke wrote
(in article ):

Reminds me of a scene in "City of Ember".

I can't find my copy.....

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Highland Pairos wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
LD wrote:
"MikeWhy" wrote in message
[...]

-- Their with the new tool bag I just had to have and I put away so I
would know where it was? Only 61 and it's happening!

Dan

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bored Borg" wrote in message
.com...
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:21:47 +0000, J. Clarke wrote
(in article ):

Reminds me of a scene in "City of Ember".

I can't find my copy.....

Yup. Same here, but I did find some clues. Anyway, not to worry. Speaking of
the doghouse, though, when I asked if there was anything special She wanted
for Xmas, She said, "A jigsaw." Is that a trap, or what? So I went out of my
way and got Her some spare blades as stocking stuffers, too. (The need for
coping saw blades becomes less urgent in less than week now.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 18, 1:53*pm, Pat Barber wrote:

I got more caulk guns than the entire Home Depot chain.

Me, too. And yet, I still can't find 'the good one" when I need it.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tne Old One will appear as soon as you buy a New One

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around
to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but by
then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up, still
minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades drawer. So
where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw
them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something else, might
even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

No but if you throw the saw away the blades will turn up soon after

skeez

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around
to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but by
then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up, still
minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades drawer.. So
where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw
them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something else, might
even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys seen
my saw blades?

No but if you throw the saw away the blades will turn up soon after

skeez

But if you don't throw it away, the blades won't turn up. Or you need
to buy new blades, but then the saw will disappear again. Dilemmas!
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote
On Dec 18, 1:53 pm, Pat Barber wrote:

I got more caulk guns than the entire Home Depot chain.

Me, too. And yet, I still can't find 'the good one" when I need it.

I cooked my usual breakfast this morning at 6, walked by past the stove
again at 10 and there were my fried eggs, still in the skillet looking back
at me ... and yep, the ham was still in the microwave.

Good thing is at least must have remembered to turn the stove off, bad thing
is I don't remember doing it, only thing for certain is that I must of not
been hungry ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

MikeWhy wrote:

I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got
around to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after
Thanksgiving, but by then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday,
the saw popped up, still minus its blade of course, in (of all places)
the saws and blades drawer. So where do you suppose the package of
replacement blades are? I know I saw them a few times in the past weeks
while looking for something else, might even have moved them aside to
make space for something. Any of you guys seen my saw blades?

The first place I look when I can't locate one of my tools is at my
neighbor's house.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

I am joining this "can't find it & possible solutions" discussion late.
Here's my contribution.

My dad used to get really upset because he could never find a 9/16" wrench.
We would spend hours hunting that thing down. When I grew up and flew the
coop, I ended up at an industrial surplus place that had numerous wrenches
in a scrap bin. I fished out a goodly number of various sizes and a whole
bunch of 9/16" wrenches.

I sent the wrenches to him. He got upset at me. But years later, he thanked
me. He said he never knew how a bunch of 9/16" wrenches could come in so
handy!

As for me, I never could keep track of a measuring tape. I had to keep
buying new ones. I had several, but the just vanished all the time. Then
one day at the industrial surplus center, just love that place, they had a
sale on a big batch of tools. And on the shelf, they had a number of bright,
neon colored measuring tapes.

I bought all 14 of them. And I have bought more over the years as well. My
wife even bought me that giant battery operated meauring tape from Black and
Decker! I have several measuring tapes in my office, a couple in the living
room, one in each car and a couple in the wife's sewing room. And lots of
them in the shop as well. I am never more than a few steps from a measuring
tape.

I wish I could tell you that solved my vanishing tools problem. I still have
that malady. But as far as measuring tapes go, I am covered.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

Sonny wrote:
This time of year, isn't that called the eggnog effect?

Nahh, it's a brief transition to an alternate universe. One time I
went to get a stamp. I knew they were in the center console to the
car, which was a rectangular box with no nooks or crannies. Opened it
up and there were no stamps there. The next day I checked it in
daylight. Still no stamps. Got a new roll of stamps next time I went
to the post office, went to toss them into the center console and by
golly _now_ there was a roll of stamps in there.

... and they were laughing hysterically at you, weren't they? I know the
stuff I find after buying its replacement does that to me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
MikeWhy wrote:

So where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are?

For years handed out small screwdrivers with a magnet in one end.

Would caution the person receiving the screwdriver that it had a set
of invisible legs which the screwdriver used to run away and hide when
you weren't looking.

My bet is those blades came equipped with a set of those invisible
legs.

Lew

What I want to know is where the international orange tape measure that
I "JUST" set down is?

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
[...]

I don't know about that but I do know that sox become hangers some time
during the rinse cycle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RM MS wrote:
Tne Old One will appear as soon as you buy a New One

A while back I thought that I had reached the saturation point with my
tools. I was wrong, I'm still having to buy a new something every other
day because I can't find the last one I bought.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:02:03 +0000, Swingman wrote
(in article ) :

wrote
On Dec 18, 1:53 pm, Pat Barber wrote:

I got more caulk guns than the entire Home Depot chain.

Me, too. And yet, I still can't find 'the good one" when I need it.

I cooked my usual breakfast this morning at 6, walked by past the stove
again at 10 and there were my fried eggs, still in the skillet looking back
at me ... and yep, the ham was still in the microwave.

Good thing is at least must have remembered to turn the stove off, bad thing
is I don't remember doing it, only thing for certain is that I must of not
been hungry ...

What is this "not hungry" of which you earth people speak?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David G. Nagel" wrote

What I want to know is where the international orange tape measure that I
"JUST" set down is?

I shared my experience with tape measures.

I have found, for me at least, that the only good solution for the vanishing
tape measure is to assemble a critical mass of tape measures. Once enough of
them is close by, they can't mess with you any more. The actual number
required varies with the individual.

(You do realize the tape measures get together and plot and scheme against
you, don't you?)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"David G. Nagel" wrote in news:NGD2l.10975
:

What I want to know is where the international orange tape measure that
I "JUST" set down is?

Dave

If you see a 30' Craftsman, it's mine. Please ask it to return home where
it belongs.

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

"David G. Nagel" wrote

What I want to know is where the international orange tape measure that I
"JUST" set down is?

I shared my experience with tape measures.

I have found, for me at least, that the only good solution for the
vanishing tape measure is to assemble a critical mass of tape measures.
Once enough of them is close by, they can't mess with you any more. The
actual number required varies with the individual.

(You do realize the tape measures get together and plot and scheme against
you, don't you?)

Too bad they don't reproduce.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got
around
to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but
by
then, I had already misplaced the saw. Yesterday, the saw popped up, still
minus its blade of course, in (of all places) the saws and blades drawer.
So
where do you suppose the package of replacement blades are? I know I saw
them a few times in the past weeks while looking for something else, might
even have moved them aside to make space for something. Any of you guys
seen
my saw blades?

Probably went to the same place that one sock of each pair goes, into a
black
hole..
mac

A friend of mine, over a period of weeks would steal a sock out of the
washing machine or dryer when his wife was doing laundry. She would line
them up on the back of the washer, waiting for the mate to show up. Then,
he put the whole bunch in the washing machine. She couldn't figure out
where they had been. He also told his new co-workers that his wife was a
native indian and that after marriage it had taken some time to get her to
use the stove instead of cooking everything over a fire in the back yard.
She couldn't figure out why everyone looked strangely at her at her first
company party. A hard man to be friends with as you could never tell if he
was putting you on or telling a truth.

Tom G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Lee Michaels wrote:

"David G. Nagel" wrote

What I want to know is where the international orange tape measure that
"JUST" set down is?

I shared my experience with tape measures.

I have found, for me at least, that the only good solution for the
vanishing tape measure is to assemble a critical mass of tape measures.
Once enough of them is close by, they can't mess with you any more. The
actual number required varies with the individual.

(You do realize the tape measures get together and plot and scheme
against
you, don't you?)

Too bad they don't reproduce.

Asexual reproduction. We're a necessary part of the cycle, a classic
symbiotic relationship, unequal and assymetrical. When we can no longer
stand their absence, we gather some more. (We're apparently the parasitic
half.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Until the time that me and my wife got married, she had
never cooked on anything but a wood stove.
Paw-in-law is 90 and still doing so.
Wood stoves have the very nice feature of cutting themselves off
if you leave them unattended, gas is not so forgiving.
There is still a lot of food being burned beyond recognition.

basilisk

If you are looking for a place to Buy and sell your used stuff andpromote your small business..here is the place to go busybeejoe Electronics Repair 0 July 20th 08 10:04 PM
This here place... Dave Balderstone Woodworking 4 January 18th 07 03:46 AM
Yet Another Place George Woodturning 0 October 20th 04 01:01 PM
Getting an RSJ into Place Rick Dipper UK diy 13 October 3rd 04 12:59 PM