Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PC 7518 router speed varying

I was using my PC 7518 at 10000RPM in a table to make a window stool
the other day. While I was examining the last piece off the table,
the router started varying its speed up and down. Nobody was near the
thing; no load on it.

I went ahead and did the next piece. When I applied the load the
rouiter went up to 10000 RPM and stayed there for the entire cut.
After the cut, more varying speed stuff.

Anybody seen this one before? Has a cure been identified??

Len
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I was using my PC 7518 at 10000RPM in a table to make a window stool
the other day. While I was examining the last piece off the table,
the router started varying its speed up and down. Nobody was near the
thing; no load on it.

I went ahead and did the next piece. When I applied the load the
rouiter went up to 10000 RPM and stayed there for the entire cut.
After the cut, more varying speed stuff.

Anybody seen this one before? Has a cure been identified??

Len

Contact Porter Cable, this has been reported on numerous occasions.
Apparently it is a problem not unique to your router.

Posted to rec.woodworking

" writes:
Anybody seen this one before?

Yes. It's probably a normal aspect of the really-low-speed operation
when unloaded.

Has a cure been identified??

Cut more wood :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Have you tried blasting the dust out of the switch? Both of ours have
been bothered by this on occasion (or even failed to start at all) and
have benefited from a good shot of compressed air.
FWIW
Lenny

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:36:19 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I was using my PC 7518 at 10000RPM in a table to make a window stool
the other day. While I was examining the last piece off the table,
the router started varying its speed up and down. Nobody was near the
thing; no load on it.

I went ahead and did the next piece. When I applied the load the
rouiter went up to 10000 RPM and stayed there for the entire cut.
After the cut, more varying speed stuff.

Anybody seen this one before? Has a cure been identified??

Len

PC 7518 Router Speed Hunting Tom Veatch Woodworking 1 September 12th 08 01:53 PM
Router Speed? HerHusband Woodworking 3 February 12th 07 01:36 AM
Porter cable 7518 Router sdppm Woodworking 11 March 17th 06 11:34 PM
PC 7518 / router table CNT Woodworking 13 March 2nd 05 01:28 PM
Porter Cable 7518 Router- Brand New - Just Died Scott Willett Woodworking 9 February 27th 05 05:04 PM