Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How good are you at eyeballing a dimension?

Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

I did OK on a couple of them and terrible on the rest.

Which may explains some measuring errors in the shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

That was fun. 6.86 average, which would have been much higher if I hadn't
scored 0.0 by chance on the circle center test.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:32:48 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

5.19 units. Guess that means I can spot the difference between 1 foot
and 1 inch more than half the time.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:yraMk.3142$Ei5.958
@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com:

Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

4.21, but to be honest I thought the game wasn't working properly and
restarted about 1/3 of the way through. (I have a rather picky filter that
doesn't always allow this kind of thing to work correctly.)

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 23, 10:32*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Find out herehttp://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

First attempt on the parallelogram indicated that I was _not_ supposed
to be thinking perspectivally! Too much time with SketchUp. I quit
the first test after that first atrocious answer, and completed the
test with a 3.11

I'm going to try that test next time without my glasses...I hope I can
find my mouse!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Composite 3.71 - My parallelogram scores were 7.2, 14._, & 15._
Otherwise, I did pretty good with most individual scores in the 1 to 2
range.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Len is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

4.62 for me. Would have been worse, except I seem to have a good eye for
right angles and convergence.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

I averaged 4.6 overall however i don't trust eyeballing and don't
trust my tape measure the first 2 times.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

That was cool.

3.40...with my glasses on.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking
WW WW is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

6.02 I need practice it appears. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

"WW" wrote in
:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

6.02 I need practice it appears. WW

2.73 in three tries - the parallellogram gets me every time.

Scott
Posted to rec.woodworking

3.53 but I think my mouse was the limiting factor as it twitches a bit.

Ed Pawlowski:

Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 02:32:48 +0000, Ed Pawlowski wrote
(in article ):

Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

well, first time through I misunderstood the mid point section - I thought it
meant equal vertices, not a bisected straight line - THAT bit got me a 38.1

Duh!!!

In spite of that, my average was 5.05 - next time the midpoint was 1.0. the
third time 0.0

average for third column was 2.9, so I'm quite confident I'm vindicated
(professional artist)

I'm a noobie woodworker though, and get totally befuddled by measuring...
took me a while to understand the "one reference face/edge" concept.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mister Heavy" wrote

average for third column was 2.9, so I'm quite confident I'm vindicated
(professional artist)

I'm a noobie woodworker though, and get totally befuddled by measuring...
took me a while to understand the "one reference face/edge" concept.

Fared better than me, for sure. Best I've averaged is 4.3 ... but I tend to
lose interest real quick and rush the last two or three. That said, I don't
usually need a tape/ruler for eyeballing linear measurements under 1" ...
that, and $3.95, will usually get me an SB café mocha, most of the time.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 23, 9:32*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Find out herehttp://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

Wow, I guess I did okay with a 3.61 avg. the first time. I blew up on
the right angle with an 8.2, though. NOT a good sign!

Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Find out here
http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/index.html

Scored 3.78

Also confirmed what I already knew from eyeballing midpoints for biscuit
joinery, which is that I suck at eyeballing midpoints.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

3.46 here
Greg