Matt Zach

Default Sandpaper source for Performax 16-32

Has anyone used Klingspor or any other sources for their drum sanders? I
am buying a Performax 16-32 and I am curious to find out what others are
using for their best sandpaper value.
Also.... can I get some comments on which grit to use on quartersawn
white oak with this sander?
Thanks.
Matt

Mike Myers

Has anyone used Klingspor or any other sources for their drum sanders? I
am buying a Performax 16-32 and I am curious to find out what others are
using for their best sandpaper value.
Also.... can I get some comments on which grit to use on quartersawn
white oak with this sander?
Thanks.
Matt

I have been using Klingspor as my source for about two years now without any
problems. I also buy sanding sheets from them. As for the white oak, start with
a coarse grit and work your way up. I usually start with 120 grit for a board
right out of the planer and finish with 220.
Mike

RWM

"James D Kountz" wrote in message
I'll second that suggestion, go with Klingspor.

Jim

SNIP

I think that Klingspor is a great company. I try to purchase all of my
sanding stuff from them.

Bob McBreen - Yarrow Point, WA

source for extra wide hand truck?? Jim Booth Metalworking 3 February 12th 04 08:54 PM
Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
Canadian source for bosch or milwaukee jigsaw James Hammond Woodworking 6 October 15th 03 05:58 AM
Source for GOOD bolts, washers, copper washers, etc? Miki Kanazawa Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 11:45 PM