Jim Booth

Default source for extra wide hand truck??

I am in need of a hand truck of 36" width at a reasonable price. It needn't
be super heavy duty, like the expensive ones I keep running into at this
width, but like normal 500-600 lb. capacity models, except 36" width, and
with pneumatic air filled tires. Can anyone suggest a source for these or,
as a last resort, plans for constructing one out of treated wood? I'd
rather find a source if possible. Local DIY stores don't seem to have them
and web sources found so far have been quite expensive.

Thanks,
Jim Booth

Richard J Kinch

Jim Booth writes:

Can anyone suggest a source for these or,
as a last resort, plans for constructing one out of treated wood?

I would consider modifying one of the import versions from Harbor Freight,
Sam's Club, etc. You could just bolt or weld on some steel sheet to the
tongue if you don't need the wheelbase to be any wider.
Jim Stewart

Jim Booth wrote:

I am in need of a hand truck of 36" width at a reasonable price. It needn't
be super heavy duty, like the expensive ones I keep running into at this
width, but like normal 500-600 lb. capacity models, except 36" width, and
with pneumatic air filled tires. Can anyone suggest a source for these or,
as a last resort, plans for constructing one out of treated wood? I'd
rather find a source if possible. Local DIY stores don't seem to have them
and web sources found so far have been quite expensive.

Would an appliance dolly work? Here's a 22" one cheap:

http://www.cumminstools.com/browse.cfm/4,1155.html

Maybe they come wider. Google is your friend.

Ecnerwal

In article . net,
"Jim Booth" wrote:

I am in need of a hand truck of 36" width at a reasonable price. It needn't
be super heavy duty, like the expensive ones I keep running into at this
width, but like normal 500-600 lb. capacity models, except 36" width, and
with pneumatic air filled tires.

Two of normal size and 5 minutes of welding should net you a wide one
with 4 wheels (2 outside, two in the middle). Or you could take off the
inside wheels and have spares.

Pearl Harbor Walt LeRoy Metalworking 77 December 15th 03 06:36 AM
Seeking source for torque wrench extensions djl Metalworking 19 December 13th 03 11:27 PM
Source for GOOD bolts, washers, copper washers, etc? Miki Kanazawa Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 11:45 PM
Wide Wardrobe Doors Andrew May UK diy 1 August 15th 03 08:01 AM
Looking for source for 1/2 inch wide MXL timing belts Mark Metalworking 3 August 14th 03 11:23 PM