Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Godspeed Houston wreckers!

Take care of yourselves, you hear!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 11, 11:03*pm, wrote:
Take care of yourselves, you hear!

Aw, come on guys.. wasn't that nice of her?

Okay.. I'm terribly biased.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote \

Take care of yourselves, you hear!

We hear ... and thank you! I just love a good wind storm, but I'm like the
wicked witch of the west when it comes to water!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

We hear ... and thank you! I just love a good wind storm, but I'm
like the wicked witch of the west when it comes to water!

Hey Swing, a question.

Do you know if downtown Houston skyscrapers have been built to
hurricane specs such as 100MPH winds or limited glass pane sizes, etc?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Swingman" wrote:

We hear ... and thank you! I just love a good wind storm, but I'm like
the wicked witch of the west when it comes to water!

Hey Swing, a question.

Do you know if downtown Houston skyscrapers have been built to hurricane
specs such as 100MPH winds or limited glass pane sizes, etc?

Supposedly they have, as code specifies 125 mph compliance for all
structures in Harris Cty. AAMOF, I must have an Engineers letter stating
precisely that for frame and roof on residential construction.

During Alicia we did lose a lot of the glass in downtown Houston, but that
was 25 years ago. This storm, so far, is about on the same land path, but,
sitting out on the porch, it does not appear to be the storm that Alicia was
.... it's still early, however.

That said, I can hear the transformer's popping South of here as we speak,
and I fully expect to lose power in the next couple of hours ... no rain to
speak of thus far, here just SW of downtown Houston (West University Place).

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

That said, I can hear the transformer's popping South of here as we
speak, and I fully expect to lose power in the next couple of hours
... no rain to speak of thus far, here just SW of downtown Houston
(West University Place).

Understand a x'fmr blew at the Galveston YC and started a big fire in
a covered boat basin.

No way to get at it, just letting it burn.

Lew