Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Yankee Workshop Location

This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

Well, if you have the address, do you need to confirm it?
It will be a rather large building with another building - smaller -
which is the garden shed Norm built.

Finally, from what I gather, there is a wildlife area behind the
property, meaning there should be a lot of trees.

And finally, share will ya? Even from a satellite view of several
thousand feet up is the closest we'll ever come to the
shop.

MJM
Posted to rec.woodworking

mcp6453 wrote:
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

supposedly it's co-located with the Victory Garden... Where ever that is...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote:

I can shoot the sucker from 1000 feet!

That's about as close as we're going to get to NYW here in SoCal.

First KCET (Los Angeles) totally dropped NYW programs.

Guess there isn't a big demand for NYW programs in Beverley Hills but
the still carry the This Old House stuff.

KOCE (Orange County) has been in begging mode 24/7 for so long that I
can't remember seeing anything but Lawrence Welk reruns on Saturday
night.

Other than that, they beg.

Wonder how many of us old farts have to die before they return to
actual programs?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:

See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from., a

I would if I could see ABPW.

My ISP dropped it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the particular
address.

For Fun, I typed New Yankee Workshop in Google Earth and got,,

New Yankee Workshop

Write a review
528 Railway St
Templeton, IA 51463

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:

See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from., a

I would if I could see ABPW.

My ISP dropped it.

For $3.95 one time setup you can get a free account at Teranews. Use the
link below and I get a $3..95 credit if I want to upgrade.

https://secure.usenetbilling.com/new...endor=teranews

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 18:17:06 GMT, mcp6453 wrote:

This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I think he said on his farm (Morash), and the Victory Garden is behind
the NYW shop.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:
See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from., a

I would if I could see ABPW.

My ISP dropped it.

For $3.95 one time setup you can get a free account at Teranews. Use the
link below and I get a $3..95 credit if I want to upgrade.

https://secure.usenetbilling.com/new...endor=teranews

Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:
See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from., a
I would if I could see ABPW.

My ISP dropped it.

For $3.95 one time setup you can get a free account at Teranews. Use the
link below and I get a $3..95 credit if I want to upgrade.

https://secure.usenetbilling.com/new...endor=teranews

Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.

I can repost the photo if need be... let me know.

Posted to rec.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:
See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from., a
I would if I could see ABPW.

My ISP dropped it.

For $3.95 one time setup you can get a free account at Teranews. Use the
link below and I get a $3..95 credit if I want to upgrade.

https://secure.usenetbilling.com/new...endor=teranews

Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.

Let us know how Teranews works for you. I tried it several years ago
after Hughes.net dropped Usenet (because their super-double-secret on-line
survey found that no one used Usenet). I was quite disappointed with
availability and retention on the free service, so, I stupidly signed up
for the pay service thinking it had to be better. It wasn't, that's when I
moved to Supernews. Hopefully Teranews has gotten their act together. If
you have problems, don't send good money after bad -- go find one of the
other Usenet carriers.

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:

Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.

I can repost the photo if need be... let me know.

I posted to ABWP this morning and it never appeared...
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote:
I was quite disappointed with
availability and retention on the free service, so, I stupidly signed up
for the pay service thinking it had to be better.

I posted a photo this morning, and it hasn't appeared as of 1935.

Posted to rec.woodworking

John Grossbohlin wrote:

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"B A R R Y" wrote in message
John Grossbohlin wrote:
See ABPW and tell me how high that shot is from., a
I would if I could see ABPW.

My ISP dropped it.

For $3.95 one time setup you can get a free account at Teranews. Use
the link below and I get a $3..95 credit if I want to upgrade.

https://secure.usenetbilling.com/new...endor=teranews

Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.

I can repost the photo if need be... let me know.

I posted several messages via TeraNews today, but apparently I'm in
limbo as a new user. It'll get there, eventually....

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

https://secure.usenetbilling.com/new...endor=teranews

Done! Thanks for the link. A one time $4 is worth a shot.

I can repost the photo if need be... let me know.

I posted several messages via TeraNews today, but apparently I'm in limbo
as a new user. It'll get there, eventually....

You replied to the email they sent you I assume?

They do say there can be a 24 hour lag for new users to prevent abuse.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 6, 2:17*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

I don't watch the Victory Garden so I no reference other than the
building appears to be the right color.
(watch the wrap)

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

but there are three tractor trailors that appear to be full of
brads...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Official Norm Stalking Group Inaugural meeting & AGM

Ok, we're holding this on the last Saturday in September, on Norm's front
lawn (the one with the nice patio furniture) to elect committee members and
give him a lovely surprise.
Unless the sub-committee us elected in time and manages to raid his kitchen,
you'll have to bring your own sandwiches.

I propose J Clarke for secretary (chosen purely at random, honest!! but I'm
dying to hear the acceptance speech) and for chairman. Larry & Robotoy.
I'd nominate an auditor based on frequency of contribution to the group, so
possibly Woodie or

Other positions to be filled - Treasurer, Vise Chairman, Clamp Chairman, Lord
High Executioner, Spanish Ambassador, Pitcher, Long Stop, Grand Vizier, Cabin
Boy etc - can be decided by a vote. Florida residents excepted.

There will be a raffle. Winner gets to keep Norm for a year as a
conversation-provoking mantle ornament. The contents of the shed will be
distributed by drawing lots.

Now, we need a volunteer to negotiate the Cable deal.

Anyone?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
On Sep 6, 2:17 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

I don't watch the Victory Garden so I no reference other than the
building appears to be the right color.
(watch the wrap)

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

but there are three tractor trailors that appear to be full of
brads...

Much better photo that off Google Earth...;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bored Borg wrote:
Ok, we're holding this on the last Saturday in September, on Norm's front
lawn (the one with the nice patio furniture) to elect committee members and
give him a lovely surprise.
Unless the sub-committee us elected in time and manages to raid his kitchen,
you'll have to bring your own sandwiches.

I propose J Clarke for secretary (chosen purely at random, honest!! but I'm
dying to hear the acceptance speech) and for chairman. Larry & Robotoy.
I'd nominate an auditor based on frequency of contribution to the group, so
possibly Woodie or

Other positions to be filled - Treasurer, Vise Chairman, Clamp Chairman, Lord
High Executioner, Spanish Ambassador, Pitcher, Long Stop, Grand Vizier, Cabin
Boy etc - can be decided by a vote. Florida residents excepted.

You are obviously a newbie.

LRod was elected President YEARS ago!

One look at his website, and you'll see why there can be no other. Off
to Google for you...
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bored Borg wrote:
[...]

The Cabal is not amused. We ride tonight. Meet at midnight under the
oak tree at the edge of town. Bring a toad.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Now, we need a volunteer to negotiate the Cable deal.

Would that be a Porter Cable deal?

_________________________________
Lee Gordon
http://www.leegordonproductions.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:06:43 -0400, B A R R Y
wrote:

You are obviously a newbie.

LRod was elected President YEARS ago!

One look at his website, and you'll see why there can be no other. Off
to Google for you...

Thank you.

In case anyone doesn't know it, I split off the Norm's Tools part of
my personal website to an eponymous domain name last December.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

LRod wrote:

Thank you.

We got yer back! G
Posted to rec.woodworking

Google Earth
Latitude 42.424976
Longitude -71.208977

41 Pleasant St
Lexington MA 02421

Art

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:06:43 +0100, B A R R Y wrote
(in article ):

Bored Borg wrote:

snipped
Other positions to be filled - Treasurer, Vise Chairman, Clamp Chairman,
Lord
High Executioner, Spanish Ambassador, Pitcher, Long Stop, Grand Vizier,
Cabin
Boy etc - can be decided by a vote. Florida residents excepted.

You are obviously a newbie.

LRod was elected President YEARS ago!

One look at his website, and you'll see why there can be no other. Off
to Google for you...

I stand chastised hangs head in shame

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 23:12:10 +0100, jo4hn wrote
(in article ):

Anyone?

The Cabal is not amused. We ride tonight. Meet at midnight under the
oak tree at the edge of town. Bring a toad.

What flavour?

--Not Bored Borg, just an innocent bystander...

Posted to rec.woodworking

The Victory Garden is no longer done by Morash,
who did have the actual garden at his home which
was next to the New Yankee Workshop.

This was pointed out by Norm on several occasions
in prior years.

The Victory Garden is now another new group of
folks.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/victorygarden/

I don't watch the Victory Garden so I no reference other than the

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Artemus" wrote:

Google Earth
Latitude 42.424976
Longitude -71.208977

41 Pleasant St
Lexington MA 02421

Art

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

hard to tell if this is it with all the trees. There is no clear view of
Norm's shop or the little shed he built either. It doesn't even look
like where the Victory Gardens is done for that matter.
--
Bob
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Artemus" wrote:

Google Earth
Latitude 42.424976
Longitude -71.208977

41 Pleasant St
Lexington MA 02421

Art

"mcp6453" wrote in message
m...
This topic has been posted many times here, and I have read most of the
posts, but no one has conclusively stated the answer. What is the street
address of Norm's shop? The consensus is that the shop is in Russel
Morash's back yard.

I'm just curious. They don't allow visitors, and I am not interested in
being a trespasser. I think I know the address, particularly since it
seems that the satellite maps may be limited in zooming on the
particular address.

On second thought, maybe the area at top left is where the Victory
Gardens is at since there appears to be some beds, etc. But there is no
clear view of Norm's shop and the shed.
--
Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike" wrote in message
In article ,
"Artemus" wrote:

Google Earth
Latitude 42.424976
Longitude -71.208977

41 Pleasant St
Lexington MA 02421

If you don't like that photo use MS Virtual Earth... ;~)

New Yankee Workshop Bob Alexander Woodworking 15 May 7th 08 07:29 PM
This Old House & New Yankee Workshop Dan Home Repair 5 April 15th 08 02:37 AM
new yankee workshop New Yankee Workshop Woodworking 5 October 27th 06 04:35 AM
new yankee workshop RayV Woodworking 0 October 26th 06 03:55 PM
New Yankee Workshop Larry Jaques Woodworking 3 August 12th 03 12:53 AM