Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Diy bandsaw mill.

Hi all, some of you may remember the band sawmill I posted here
before, well I redid it as an electric powered version took off the 10
horse brigs and put on a 2 horse craftsman heavy duty. I thought that
the 2 horse would be much slower cutting than the 10 I was wrong it
cuts just as fast as the 10. This pics are temporarily posted on a web
domain I set up for something else so it has a weird name,

If you use this info i am not responsible for your inevitable injuries
or property loss, its really dangerous I don't have a blade guard up
yet (so I stay well in back of it when its cutting).

http://www.tabletopcombat.com/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Panxerox" wrote in message
Hi all, some of you may remember the band sawmill I posted here
before, well I redid it as an electric powered version took off the 10
horse brigs and put on a 2 horse craftsman heavy duty. I thought that
the 2 horse would be much slower cutting than the 10 I was wrong it
cuts just as fast as the 10. This pics are temporarily posted on a web
domain I set up for something else so it has a weird name,

If you use this info i am not responsible for your inevitable injuries
or property loss, its really dangerous I don't have a blade guard up
yet (so I stay well in back of it when its cutting).

http://www.tabletopcombat.com/

I have seen a few home made sawmills in my day. Most of them used circular
blades though. Only have seen a couple bandsaw sawmills up close. This unit
looks similar in the sense that it was compiled from parts that were laying
around. A real scavenger hunt type of engineering feat.

I haven't seen any electric powered mills though. You can't get very far
from electricity to run one of these. I loved the belt that went over a
rubber tire. I haven't seen that one before. But there is no reason why it
wouldn't work. That rubber to rubber contact should provide plenty of
traction!

Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories.

Are you getting some good lumber out of this mill? Where do you get your
trees?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 28, 10:03*am, "Lee Michaels" wrote:
"Panxerox" wrote in message

[...]

Small quantities so far but very straight with no waves this bed can
do 12 foot logs, the main issue is log handling, at this points it all
camp dogs and grunt power.

Started building a bandsaw mill Modat22 Woodworking 3 October 31st 05 02:29 PM
to those that made their own bandsaw mill. Modat22 Metalworking 3 May 21st 05 08:04 AM
BANDSAW MILL AOS999 Metalworking 2 June 6th 04 12:32 AM
Horizontal mill: regular arbor cutters or end mill adapter? Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 5 March 14th 04 01:45 AM
Slitting machine, Slitting, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Sheet Leveler, Section Leveler, Scalping Machine, Brush Machine, coiler, decoiler, recoiler, 4 Hi, 6 Hi, 4 High, 6 High, Rolling mill, Wire Flattening Mill, Polishing Machine, Rewinding korak Metalworking 1 December 15th 03 05:36 AM