AOS999

Default BANDSAW MILL

F/A Interesting home-brew bandsaw mill on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...isPrinterFr i
endly=1
Jim Levie

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:38:34 +0000, AOS999 wrote:

F/A Interesting home-brew bandsaw mill on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...isPrinterFr i
endly=1

Hoo, boy... I've had enough moments of excitement to not want to be
anywhere near that thing when it was running. The thought of that blade
comming off gives me the willies.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.

Old Nick

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:09:01 -0500, Jim Levie
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I thought "what a wooss" when I read this reply "There are hundreds of
these things out there!"

BUT...

http://www.woodweb.com/knowledge_bas...dsaw_mill.html

"Home built bandsaw mill
by Rick Allen at gardenofwar.gq.nu

Band saw lumber mill design notes. There are many things that can go
wrong with this and either kill you, maim you or people nearby. I once
had a blade break and had an 8 inch section sticking out of the shed
you can see in some of the photos. (build a blade guard) "

I wasn't supposed to copy that, but it may be of interest.

I have to say that to get US$700 reserve for a home-built, a coat of
paint would have helped at least the _image_ of the thing!

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:38:34 +0000, AOS999 wrote:

F/A Interesting home-brew bandsaw mill on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...isPrinterFr i
endly=1

Hoo, boy... I've had enough moments of excitement to not want to be
anywhere near that thing when it was running. The thought of that blade
comming off gives me the willies.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad