Mitch Berkson

Default Delta mobile base extension lever hits bottom shelf?

I just installed a Delta mobile base extension (for 52" Unifence) to my
existing Unisaw base and the foot lever hits the lower shelf. Is this
normal?

I called Delta and they are going to send me a replacement with holes
drilled so that this interference doesn't occur, which is great, but I can't
quite believe 1) that they made it this way to begin with and 2) that I
haven't read more comments about this in here.

Mitch Berkson

GeeDubb

Mitch Berkson wrote:
I just installed a Delta mobile base extension (for 52" Unifence) to
my existing Unisaw base and the foot lever hits the lower shelf. Is
this normal?

I called Delta and they are going to send me a replacement with holes
drilled so that this interference doesn't occur, which is great, but
I can't quite believe 1) that they made it this way to begin with and
2) that I haven't read more comments about this in here.

Mitch Berkson

My mobile base didn't hit the lower shelf. Is it possible you got the
mobile base for the Beisemeyer fence?

--
Gary

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Mitch Berkson

GeeDubb wrote:

My mobile base didn't hit the lower shelf. Is it possible you got the
mobile base for the Beisemeyer fence?

It's the 50-284 mobile base extension and the instructions say it can be
used with a 10" Unisaw with a 52" Unifence or a 50" Biesmeyer fence.

When I called them, they seemed to acknowledge this as a problem since they
are willing to send a replacement.

On your base are the three holes for the caster bracket in the center of the
metal tube or offset?

Mitch Berkson

GeeDubb

Mitch Berkson wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

My mobile base didn't hit the lower shelf. Is it possible you got
the mobile base for the Beisemeyer fence?

It's the 50-284 mobile base extension and the instructions say it can
be used with a 10" Unisaw with a 52" Unifence or a 50" Biesmeyer
fence.

When I called them, they seemed to acknowledge this as a problem
since they are willing to send a replacement.

On your base are the three holes for the caster bracket in the center
of the metal tube or offset?

Mitch Berkson

On mine the castor bracket was pre-welded onto the cross support and off-set
from center. I'm not sure what the model # is since I bought it some five
years ago. I hadn't realized they had changed.

Gary