Posted to rec.woodworking

Default finger plane

Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

TIA
Rick
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rick Stein" wrote in message
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...80&cat=1,41182

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 20, 10:07 am, "Upscale" wrote:
"Rick Stein" wrote in message
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...80&cat=1,41182

Yeah. What I was going to post. I had a nearly complete set some years
ago, but a friend has them now. Pretty little tools and very effective
on smaller scale work.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rick Stein wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small
planes. A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a
small plane to use when he works inside the body of acoustic
guitars.

Three sources:

http://www.stjamesbaytoolco.com/luthier.html
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/i...S&Category=473
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...80&cat=1,41182

Google "luthier plane" and you should find others.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 20, 9:04*am, Rick Stein wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Luthier-round-fi...mZ220269438358

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rick Stein" wrote
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

An item used by luthiers/acoustic instruments makers, so you should be able
to find them from those who supply that trade.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Luthier's Mercantile in Santa Rosa CA has 'em:

http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/Secondpr...oryName=Planes

--Steve

"Rick Stein" wrote in message
owerdatavision...
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes. A
friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to use
when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

TIA
Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:04:03 -0500, Rick Stein wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

Woodcraft carries several models of LN "luthier" planes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 20, 8:04*am, Rick Stein wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

TIA
Rick

I would try Lee Valley, Maybe Constanties or look on ebay..

Randy

http://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

randyswoodshoop wrote:
On Aug 20, 8:04 am, Rick Stein wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

TIA
Rick

I would try Lee Valley, Maybe Constanties or look on ebay..

Randy

http://nokeswoodworks.com

Thank you to all who took the time to reply. I appreciate it.

Rick

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 20, 8:04*am, Rick Stein wrote:
Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes.
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

TIA
Rick

Harbor Freight has some on sale right now...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 21, 1:54*pm, DejaVoodoo wrote:
On Aug 20, 8:04*am, Rick Stein wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy "finger planes" -- very small planes..
A friend of mine repairs instruments and is trying find a small plane to
use when he works inside the body of acoustic guitars.

TIA
Rick

Harbor Freight has some on sale right now...

That's a hoot. I had bought a few sets of the Crown version of those
planes that came in a wooden box. I bought the sets for ~$10 a pop
and I was selling them on eBay and getting $40.

Router plane vs Plough plane nautilus Woodworking 1 January 17th 07 06:02 PM
Finger/box joints foggytown Woodworking 6 February 21st 06 11:40 PM
FINGER JOINTS J T Woodworking 0 January 31st 06 05:23 PM
Plane ignorant person needs some plane advice. Modat22 Woodworking 20 June 2nd 05 10:55 PM
Next plane purchase--next 2 plane purchases? Eric Anderson Woodworking 23 January 18th 04 06:18 AM