Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody ever heard of "Tool Broker" brand band saws?

I saw this band saw forsale on craigslist:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/780371378.html

However, I've never heard of the brand and all my attempts to find any info
have failed. I'm pretty handy (die maker by trade) so I'm not too scared if
I have to do some fabrication if something breaks on it, but I don't want to
be saddled with a total piece of junk. Does anybody have any info about this
brand? Is it worth my while to even go look at it?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.woodworking

CraigT wrote:
I saw this band saw forsale on craigslist:

http://detroit.craigslist.org/tls/780371378.html

However, I've never heard of the brand and all my attempts to find
any info have failed. I'm pretty handy (die maker by trade) so I'm
not too scared if I have to do some fabrication if something breaks
on it, but I don't want to be saddled with a total piece of junk.
Does anybody have any info about this brand? Is it worth my while to
even go look at it?

I think "Tool Broker" is the seller, not the brand of saw.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

it looks like a generic chinese knockoff of the delta 14" saw. expect
to have to do some fiddling and tooling improvement to it. for the
price, go plug it in and make sure that it cuts wood and tracks the
blade. otherwise it could be a decent starter saw for a guy who likes
to fiddle with machines.