Anthony Diodati

Default Tool box on E Bay

Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?
It starts at $99.99 and $69.99 shipping/handling, Not including Insurance.
Thanks, Tony D.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36 4

B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:24:02 -0500, "Anthony Diodati"
wrote:

Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?
It starts at $99.99 and $69.99 shipping/handling, Not including Insurance.
Thanks, Tony D.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36 4

His feedback is 7178. He might know a thing or two about eBay. Keep
an eye on the auction.

Barry
Anthony Diodati

B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...
His feedback is 7178. He might know a thing or two about eBay. Keep
an eye on the auction.

Yea, Its possible. I have it booked-marked.
Just noticed a BIN price of $299.99
Tony D.

Mark

It might not be that bad of a deal for someone who has a Gerstner box
with bad drawers. No, not the kind of drawers you wear.... But the
carcass has seen better days. I'd pay maybe $50, Gerstners are
expensive (overpriced actually), but there's not much value in this box.
I have a XL box and matching base at work, costs over $1000. Probably
$100 in hardwood and $50 in hardware. Buy the drawers and make a
jewelry box for SWMBO??? Mark

Anthony Diodati wrote:

Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?
It starts at $99.99 and $69.99 shipping/handling, Not including Insurance.
Thanks, Tony D.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36 4

Anthony Diodati

"Mark" wrote in message
y.com...
It might not be that bad of a deal for someone who has a Gerstner box
with bad drawers. No, not the kind of drawers you wear.... But the
carcass has seen better days. I'd pay maybe $50, Gerstners are
expensive (overpriced actually), but there's not much value in this box.
I have a XL box and matching base at work, costs over $1000. Probably
$100 in hardwood and $50 in hardware. Buy the drawers and make a
jewelry box for SWMBO??? Mark

Oh I know there Expensive, Thats about all its worth, TOPS, ($50.00) seeing
it will need rebuilt.
I got a pretty nice one at a flea market for $100.00, someone had started to
strip it, so it needed re-finished,
and the front panel was history, so I had to make a new ft. panel.
Turned out nice though.

tony D.

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº

"Anthony Diodati" wrote in message
Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?
It starts at $99.99 and $69.99 shipping/handling, Not including Insurance.
Thanks, Tony D.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36 4

I bet it goes for over $150 + shipping

--
© Jon Down ®
My eBay items currently listed:

Larry C in Auburn, WA

Yes.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Anthony Diodati" wrote in message
Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?
It starts at $99.99 and $69.99 shipping/handling, Not including Insurance.
Thanks, Tony D.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36 4

Charlie Self

Anthony Diodati writes:

Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?
It starts at $99.99 and $69.99 shipping/handling, Not including Insurance.
Thanks, Tony D.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36 4

Hey, we all have our fantasies. Mine is winning tonight's $210 million
Powerball.

Charlie Self
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to. " Dorothy Parker

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html
Andy Dingley

wrote:

Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?

It's a Gerstner ! (and an early one - it doesn' have the fat centre
drawer to take a copy of Machinery's Handbook) You'll make that price
easily.

It's not in bad condition either. Water damage to the outer carcase,
but the innards look good. If it were mine, I'd repair the carcase
and use it. If I dealt in such things, I'd quite possibly spend this
much to buy it for parts. Machinist's toolboxes are heavy. If you drop
one, the contents often bulldoze the drawers into lozenges. Spare
drawers can be a useful repair.

Sadly it might even end up with the nameplate fastened to one of the
modern Chinese copies of Gerstner toolboxes (look in Northern Tools'
catalogue - they even copy the diamond mirror inside the lid), a bit
of "patina" and then passing it off as genuine.

OTOH, I don't list things on eBay over Xmas. Might be a good time to
sell Pepto-Bismol or fripperies to fools, but the serious collector
trade tens to take time off.

--
Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.
Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations...

wrote:

Really don't think this guy is going to get $170.00 for this box do you?
It starts at $99.99 and $69.99 shipping/handling, Not including Insurance.
Thanks, Tony D.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=36 4

Don't know about Ebay, but, if a collector kicks in, probably
will make MORE than that. I was at a local auction yesterday
afternoon, and, was jaw-droppingly amazed by the sale of a Stanley
45 in average shape (a post-1910 model), no box and with missing
parts. Why? Well within 2 minutes or less the price went from
$50 (which was low...to $75...which I thought was fair) to $400!
On top of that, there was a 5%-8% buyer's premium and sales
tax!
I had stuck my hand up at $75...but just could not
belive that someone would pay THAT much money for this plane.
Life is amazing.
Regards
Dave Mundt

Mark

Dave Mundt wrote:

I had stuck my hand up at $75...but just could not
belive that someone would pay THAT much money for this plane.
Life is amazing.

SO and I went to an auction Tuesday.

There was a like new/ very little use AP-400 Delta DC, I started the
bidding at $50 and dropped out at $80 or $90.

It went for either $145 or $150.

They can be found cheaper than that new.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)