Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hanging it up! Downsizing!!

I am 78 years old. My wife and I are downsizing and moving into an assisted
living community. I have sold most of my tools but I still have something
that I don't want to get rid of, but I must. I have a collection of
do-it-yourself magazines. They are Popular Mechanics, Popular Science,
Mechanics Illustrated, Handyman etc. They take up 22 feet of shelf space and
there are 756 of them. The oldest is a 1941 Popular Mechanics that my Dad
bought me when I was 12 Years old. From then on I was hooked. Many were
issued during the war years of WWII. I quit buying them in the early 80's
when they quit publishing in a how-to-do-it format and publised in a
magazine format. I have indexed many of the projects. For example there are
20 issues that have how-to- build boat plans. I would like to get 20 cents
per copy or best offer. The whole lot must go. These books are far too heavy
and costly to ship. I live about 30 minutes from the Morgantown Exit on the
Pennsylvania Turnpike. About 30 miles west of Philadelphia. Anyone
interested can e-mail me for more information. I know that you don't want
folks using this group to sell things but I hope you will forgive me. I have
an attachment to them and just can't destroy them. Getting old sucks!!

Clint Stoner

I plan to also place this on the home improvement group.

Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Clint,

Good luck. I wish I was closer. I love the old magazines.

cm in AZ

"Clint" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 22, 12:33*pm, "Clint" wrote:
[...]

Love reading those, esp from the 40's, thru maybe 1953. Buy them from
antique stores, and read them cover to cover. Many good hints there,
those old farts were pretty sharp. I dump the excess on my son, and
would get yours, except I'm in Montana. Hope they find a good home.

Rich.....

Hanging it up! Downsizing !!! Clint Metalworking 6 June 23rd 08 09:51 PM
Downsizing product volume Harry K Home Ownership 4 June 20th 08 11:11 AM
Hanging LCD TV desgnr Home Repair 8 October 4th 07 02:12 PM
neutral downsizing for dryer and range --where in the NEC? [email protected] Home Repair 3 April 16th 07 01:23 AM
Downsizing a hole in drywall Not@home Home Repair 22 October 7th 06 03:07 PM