Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Default Hanging it up! Downsizing!!

Clint,

Good luck. I wish I was closer. I love the old magazines.

cm in AZ

"Clint" wrote in message
I am 78 years old. My wife and I are downsizing and moving into an assisted
living community. I have sold most of my tools but I still have something
that I don't want to get rid of, but I must. I have a collection of
do-it-yourself magazines. They are Popular Mechanics, Popular Science,
Mechanics Illustrated, Handyman etc. They take up 22 feet of shelf space
and there are 756 of them. The oldest is a 1941 Popular Mechanics that my
Dad bought me when I was 12 Years old. From then on I was hooked. Many were
issued during the war years of WWII. I quit buying them in the early 80's
when they quit publishing in a how-to-do-it format and publised in a
magazine format. I have indexed many of the projects. For example there are
20 issues that have how-to- build boat plans. I would like to get 20 cents
per copy or best offer. The whole lot must go. These books are far too
heavy and costly to ship. I live about 30 minutes from the Morgantown Exit
on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. About 30 miles west of Philadelphia. Anyone
interested can e-mail me for more information. I know that you don't want
folks using this group to sell things but I hope you will forgive me. I
have an attachment to them and just can't destroy them. Getting old sucks!!

Clint Stoner

I plan to also place this on the home improvement group.