Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why Don't We Have Fishing Related WoodDorking Topics?

I'm talking about making bamboo rods and wooden lures.

Steam bent frames for nets. Making wooden paddles.

Wooden Priests.

That sorta thing.

I don't recall seeing much about this around here.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1
Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey I caught a few of them bush asslicking faggot war whores, do I count
Mark & Juan as 1 or 2????

Gee how long's it been since Mission Accomplished?

I gotta believe that Texas is the way it is, because all the Mexicans ****
in thier wells down there..... I'm still laughing at the Texas Family
Services, at least everyone can see now why so many jerkoffs are raised down
there.......

This is just more fun!

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
I'm talking about making bamboo rods and wooden lures.

Steam bent frames for nets. Making wooden paddles.

Wooden Priests.

That sorta thing.

I don't recall seeing much about this around here.

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 18:58:39 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

I'm talking about making bamboo rods and wooden lures.

The Fine Woodworking collected volumes - probably "Woodshop
Specialities"

Otherwise I believe there are a scant handful of the relevant Victorian
books, and copies sell for more than a copy of Holtzapffel.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I'm talking about making bamboo rods and wooden lures.

The Fine Woodworking collected volumes - probably "Woodshop
Specialities"

Otherwise I believe there are a scant handful of the relevant Victorian
books, and copies sell for more than a copy of Holtzapffel.

Actually Andy I was talking about the lack of chatter about these
topics on the Wreck.

It seems a lack to me that this particular area of wooddorking is left
out of the conversation.

BTW - don't you Brits fish for minnows with ridiculously long poles
(make that 'rods', I'd not want you to be accused ofviolating the
tallish Polish for sport).

Regards,

Tom

Thos.J.Watson - Cabinetmaker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have a split bambo rod that I bought when the hardware store in our
town went outta biz this would be about 50 years ago. I paid a buck yes
$1.00 for it, infact he had 2 of them and I bought both but one went to
the wayside someplace thru life.
ross

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 20:54:51 -0700, Ross Hebeisen wrote:

I have a split bambo rod that I bought when the hardware store in our
town went outta biz this would be about 50 years ago. I paid a buck yes
$1.00 for it, infact he had 2 of them and I bought both but one went to
the wayside someplace thru life.
ross

I remember 50 years ago salivating over a Heddon President. IIRC, it was
about $100 at the time, which was about two weeks net pay. Needless to
say, I didn't get one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sawzdust" wrote in message
Hey I caught a few of them bush asslicking faggot war whores, do I count
Mark & Juan as 1 or 2????

Gee how long's it been since Mission Accomplished?

I gotta believe that Texas is the way it is, because all the Mexicans ****
in thier wells down there..... I'm still laughing at the Texas Family
Services, at least everyone can see now why so many jerkoffs are raised
down
there.......

This is just more fun!

And where were you hatched? You apparently had no actual parents.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8 Jun, 00:46, Tom Watson wrote:

BTW - don't you Brits fish for minnows with ridiculously long poles

Perch, I believe, for those hugely long poles. You only need a fishing
licence for one county, but can fish the adjoing one too. I have a
carbon fibre tube multi-section one that I use as a flagpole.

Otherwise it's trout and salmon up in Scotland for huge amounts of
money. The well-heeled and even better-tweeded nobility hunting trout
with Purdeys, or somesuch.

Help! Topics for articles. The Medway Handyman UK diy 15 July 7th 06 09:44 AM
Fundamentals Topics Chuck Woodturning 8 April 12th 06 04:01 PM
how to reply to older topics? autonut843 Home Repair 5 February 17th 06 05:25 PM
NO topics doo Metalworking 50 September 8th 05 02:23 PM
Please limit topics to metalworking Dave Beyerl Metalworking 159 February 7th 04 01:33 AM