Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hitachi still a decent drill?

I see in Lowes ad today an 18-volt Hitachi cordless with 1/2" chuck for $99.
Oh yeh, it has a light too. Sounds like a good price so me thinks I'll pick
one up Saturday.

--
Paul O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Paul O. a écrit :
I see in Lowes ad today an 18-volt Hitachi cordless with 1/2" chuck for
$99. Oh yeh, it has a light too. Sounds like a good price so me thinks
I'll pick one up Saturday.

I'm using cheap chinese tool, 15$ with 2 batteries 18 volts,
i've bought 4 drills, ( 8 batteries ....)
it's faster when you have differents size of holes than changing the
bit. i never used more than 3 drills at the same time. having 4 drills
give me some " back-up"

oliver
Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

"Paul O." wrote in message
I see in Lowes ad today an 18-volt Hitachi cordless with 1/2" chuck for
$99. Oh yeh, it has a light too. Sounds like a good price so me thinks I'll
pick one up Saturday.

--
Paul O.

That looks like a good price to me too. Complain is don't drop it on
concrete, it will crack. I have the 12V Hitachi for couple of years, no
complains other than the chuck could have locked in drill bits tighter.
Power pack is of good quality too.

Better deal at Lowe's maybe the 14.4V DeWalt NiCad combo with drill, recip
saw, circular saw and light for $200 a while ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 5, 7:08*pm, "Paul O." wrote:
I see in Lowes ad today an 18-volt Hitachi cordless with 1/2" chuck for $99.
Oh yeh, it has a light too. Sounds like a good price so me thinks I'll pick
one up Saturday.

--
Paul O.

Hitachi. by and large, has never let me down in the past. Some of
their stuff went through an ugly (styling) phase, but worked just
fine.
99 Dollars sounds like a good deal with 2 batteries.
Go for it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Paul O. wrote:
I see in Lowes ad today an 18-volt Hitachi cordless with 1/2" chuck for
$99. Oh yeh, it has a light too. Sounds like a good price so me thinks
I'll pick one up Saturday.

I've got the Li-Ion version of that. It's been good. Came with a free
little hinged Li-Ion driver that's replaced the larger, heavier Dewalt
in my work tools. I like them.