Dave Plowman (News)

Default Hitachi SDS drill

On special offer at RS components - 88 quid plus vat.

Note that it has no rotation stop facility.

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/initSession.jsp?goto=/browse/Module.jsp&stockNo=3113367&logText=uk1964m&logType =1454660

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

In uk.d-i-y, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
On special offer at RS components - 88 quid plus vat.

Note that it has no rotation stop facility.

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/initSession.jsp?goto=/browse/Module.jsp&stockNo=3113367&logText=uk1964m&logType =1454660

SDS no-hammer-stop fans may also want to note that Lawson-His, at
www.lawson-his.co.uk, are selling a no-roto-stop Atlas-Copco PFH202 at
the silly price of 80quid+VAT. (Seems to be a generally-being-discontinued
model, as a number of other webshops seem to be clearing them out at
similar deep discounts). The roto-stop models at Lawson-His are to be
found in their PowerTools-HammerDrills-SDSChiselDrills section, and
start at 75+VAT for a BoschBlue jobbie, or 100+VAT for a Makita HR2450X.

It certainly seems that the availability of the 30quid "I Can't Believe
It's An SDS" models has driven prices of usefully beefier and better-made
brands down by some 20-30% over the last couple of years; mayhap without
affecting build quality *too* badly!

Stefek