Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

Default fruit and vegetable bin plans

Could anyone help me out with a design plan for one of these. My elderly
neighbor asked me if i knew where she could get one. I would like to build
one. Thanks. She will appreciate it a lot.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Could anyone help me out with a design plan for one of these. My
elderly neighbor asked me if i knew where she could get one. I would
like to build one. Thanks. She will appreciate it a lot.

GO to H/D and take a look at the coated wire baskets in the closet
hardware section.

Make wood runners for the baskets from maple.

A little tip:

Do NOT keep the onions with the potatoes.

The above will insure ventilation around the vegetables, be stronger,
last longer, weigh less, and certainly cost less than trying to build
something out of wood.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in news:c8_1k.8583$gc5.6649@pd7urf2no:

Could anyone help me out with a design plan for one of these. My
elderly neighbor asked me if i knew where she could get one. I would
like to build one. Thanks. She will appreciate it a lot.

I built one a few years ago. Just a tall skinny cabinet with raised panel
sides and back and a face frame for two bins at front. Front of bin was a
standard stick and cope with back lip cut off and wire mesh placed in the
opening with stops glued and pinned to hold it in. The hardest part was
the back of the bins that had to be radiused to allow them to tip out with
the door frame hinged at the bottom. You need a radius on the bin top and
the bin back sticking up enough so it won't tip out. Hope that helps. I can
post a pic to ABPW if needed, but sorry no plans, I just winged it!

Jerry

Vegetable oil fuel. Weatherlawyer UK diy 27 October 13th 07 11:58 AM
Fridge vegetable drawer Andy Petro Home Repair 3 August 23rd 07 07:37 PM
Vegetable storage... Will UK diy 6 January 5th 07 02:16 PM
Vegetable Oil on Sidewalk Pavers?? Van Home Repair 7 April 9th 06 01:41 PM
Vegetable sprayer Tony Hwang Home Repair 5 February 14th 05 05:48 PM