Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vegetable storage...

Hello all,

I've very nearly finished fitting our new kitchen and due to the unique
shape of our walls I've had to cut down one of the base cabinets to
fit, so it's now 31cm wide instead of the 40cm it should have been.

I had bought some of those wire basket type drawers to keep veggies in,
which now won't fit.

I've had a search but I can't find a supplier of 30cm wide wire basket
drawers, does anyone know of a company that might be able to supply
these?

If not - I guess I'll have to make something myself. I had thought
about cutting down a wider basket, but I'm unsure as to how I would
join them up again, I dont have a welder, and I've no idea if it would
even work, so I think I'll stick with wood.

Has anyone done this before, if so any hints?

Thanks, Will

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"Will" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,

I've very nearly finished fitting our new kitchen and due to the unique
shape of our walls I've had to cut down one of the base cabinets to
fit, so it's now 31cm wide instead of the 40cm it should have been.

I had bought some of those wire basket type drawers to keep veggies in,
which now won't fit.

I've had a search but I can't find a supplier of 30cm wide wire basket
drawers, does anyone know of a company that might be able to supply
these?

If not - I guess I'll have to make something myself. I had thought
about cutting down a wider basket, but I'm unsure as to how I would
join them up again, I dont have a welder, and I've no idea if it would
even work, so I think I'll stick with wood.

Has anyone done this before, if so any hints?

Thanks, Will

Google gives

www.equipashop.com

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
Will wrote:

I've had a search but I can't find a supplier of 30cm wide wire
basket drawers, does anyone know of a company that might be able
to supply these?

Just down the road from us.....

Hamster Baskets, Aylton, Ledbury.

http://www.hampsterbaskets.co.uk

--
Tony Williams.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Will wrote:
Hello all,

I've very nearly finished fitting our new kitchen and due to the unique
shape of our walls I've had to cut down one of the base cabinets to
fit, so it's now 31cm wide instead of the 40cm it should have been.

I had bought some of those wire basket type drawers to keep veggies in,
which now won't fit.

I've had a search but I can't find a supplier of 30cm wide wire basket
drawers, does anyone know of a company that might be able to supply
these?

If not - I guess I'll have to make something myself. I had thought
about cutting down a wider basket, but I'm unsure as to how I would
join them up again, I dont have a welder, and I've no idea if it would
even work, so I think I'll stick with wood.

Has anyone done this before, if so any hints?

Thanks, Will

I think I might have got a 300mm base and binned the 400mm. Doesn't the
door look odd?
Since you've already cut it down, surely B&Q/Ikea/MFI has a 300 wire
drawer option. It's usually an add-on so you should be able to buy it
separately.
This maybe?
http://www.the-kitchen.co.uk/howdens...ccessories.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stuart Noble wrote:

I think I might have got a 300mm base and binned the 400mm. Doesn't the
door look odd?

I can source a 300mm door and shelves, but not drawers.

Since you've already cut it down, surely B&Q/Ikea/MFI has a 300 wire
drawer option. It's usually an add-on so you should be able to buy it
separately.

I've yet to find one....

This maybe?
http://www.the-kitchen.co.uk/howdens...ccessories.htm

.... but now I have!

Thanks for the replies!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HLAH wrote:

Any good?

Gah!! I looked through the catalogue last night and managed to miss
these completely. Thank you!

CD Storage [email protected] Woodworking 16 April 29th 06 11:04 PM
Vegetable Oil on Sidewalk Pavers?? Van Home Repair 7 April 9th 06 01:41 PM
Vegetable sprayer Tony Hwang Home Repair 5 February 14th 05 05:48 PM
Storage Eugene Woodworking 14 November 17th 04 11:52 PM
Victorian wireware vegetable rack FA Sarah Mc. Home Ownership 0 November 5th 04 11:28 PM