Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Panasonic Drill

I have a panasonic ey6405 12 volt cordless drill and it's great.
However, one of the

three "teeth" in the chuck that hold bits,etc has somehow become
shorter than the

other two and now drill bits apexes, etc wobble. The tooth isn't not
broken off, it

just doesn't extend far ernough out whem the chuck is tightened. I
took the chuck

off, but got nowhere. I oiled it, tapped it etc. to no avail. Any
ideas on what

hapopened or if it can be fixed. I don't mind buying a new chuck
because I like the

drill, but I'd like to give fixing it a try first.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bigbillsfan" wrote:

However, one of the

three "teeth" in the chuck that hold bits,etc has somehow become
shorter than the

other two and now drill bits apexes, etc wobble.

Sounds like one of the jaws jumped a tooth inside the chuck.

You could probably repair it, that is until it jumps a tooth the next
time just when you need it.

I probably replace it.

Lew