Posted to rec.woodworking
k k is offline

Default Band Saw Blade types?

I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"k" wrote in message
I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). Thanks

You might Google band saw blades. I prefer Olson blades but there are
others that are good too.
Some of the suppliers that you will find from Google will have
recommendations as to use.
I have the 14" Delta also. Delta says the saw will take a 3/4" blade
but I find that a 1/2" or 5/8" works better for re-sawing.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 7, 8:58*pm, "Max" wrote:
"k" wrote in message

I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. *I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. *Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. *I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). *Thanks

You might Google band saw blades. *I prefer Olson blades but there are
others that are good too.
Some of the suppliers that you will find from Google will have
recommendations as to use.
I have the 14" Delta also. *Delta says the saw will take a 3/4" blade
but I find that a 1/2" or 5/8" works better for re-sawing.

Max

Mike from American Sycamore

I am proud to be one of the "Ask the Experts" from Delta's web site.
I recomend a 1/4" x 6 tooth skip blade for general bandsaw work, a
1/2inch x 3 teeth hook pattern is good for resaw work. I also use a
1/8 inch x 24 tooth raker for scroll type work. I have had great
luck with both Olson and Timber Wolf blades. Good luck and Build with
confidence.

mike
www.americansycamoreretreat.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

"k" wrote in message
I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). Thanks

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

k wrote:
I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). Thanks

For resawing, this is an excellent one. Much better than Timber Wolf.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/i...OD&ProdID=1293

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 7, 8:37*pm, k wrote:
I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. *I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. *Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. *I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). *Thanks

I would agree with the post by MIke. I do resaw work with 1/2" blade
and general purpose with a 1/4" blade..These are main two work horses.
I use Timber Wolf blades .. they stay sharp an I have never had one
break. I also like the woodslicer 1/2" blade from Highland Hardware.
I use my scroll saw for smaller work, so the 1/4 and 1/2 do almost all
my work.

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 7 May 2008 19:58:15 -0600, "Max"
wrote:

You might Google band saw blades. I prefer Olson blades but there are
others that are good too.

Me too.

I buy them from Coastal Tool or Ballew Tool. Both have websites.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 7, 9:37*pm, k wrote:
I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. *I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. *Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. *I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). *Thanks

If you are considering a riser block, I would recommend doing that
before you invest in a bunch of 93.5" blades that you won't be able to
use with the riser block.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave - Parkville, MD wrote:
On May 7, 9:37 pm, k wrote:
I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. I have
a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. Is there any websites that
what blade you would use for different applications. I need one for
resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different
thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). Thanks

If you are considering a riser block, I would recommend doing that
before you invest in a bunch of 93.5" blades that you won't be able to
use with the riser block.

Dave

Take a look at timberwolf blades at http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/.
Very knowledgeable helpful folks.