Bay Area Dave

Default Panel Saw Plans??

hmmm... a good circular saw alone, costs more than $100. How are you
gonna manage this spectacular feat?

dave

Cable Tech wrote:

Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

Bay Area Dave

oh, and your labor is worth ZILCH?

dave

Cable Tech wrote:

Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

Doug Miller

In article , Bay Area Dave wrote:
oh, and your labor is worth ZILCH?

Probably is. Since he expects us to do his research for him, he apparently
figures _our_ time isn't worth anything either.

Clue for the OP: search old posts in this ng on Google Groups.

dave

Cable Tech wrote:

Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

Larry C in Auburn, WA

There was a good plan for one in Shop Notes several years ago that is
probably exactly what you're looking for. Well, I'm 90% sure it was Shop
Notes, but maybe it was WoodSmith. Check the Shop Notes site and you should
be able to find it.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Cable Tech" wrote in message
Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

D.Mo

"Cable Tech" wrote in message
Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

ShopNotes

Cable Tech

Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

The one at Rockler with the plan and hardware kit will still cost $300. Just
make one.

Platform: Build the wood frame/platform. Make sure it's square.
You could eyeball the one at Rockler
(http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...1&filter=31446) or
make a torsion box style platform like this one
(http://store.yahoo.com/plansnow/panelcutguide.html) or this
one(http://store.yahoo.com/woodstore/cutplatsheet.html).

Guide: Then bolt one something like this. Make sure it's square.
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...rings_id=10548

Rule: Stick a self-adhesive rule across it. Make sure it's square.
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...rings_id=10629

You're done. The guide and the rule will be about $75. Plus the wood (dig
for straight 2x4s). Probably as close to a $100 panel saw as you could
possibly get.

You could hang it on a wall, make easel-type legs, or if your ceiling is not
too high (like in my garage shop) put a couple of door hinges on it and hang
it from the joists (use piece of rope, a pulley, and make a catch for it,
mine comes down like pulling down an attic staircase).

.net...

"D.Mo" wrote in message

"Cable Tech" wrote in message
Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

ShopNotes

Better yet.

Save $70 for the guide and make one out of a piece of hardboard and a piece
of 1x4 MDF.

Then you will come in way under $100.

"D.Mo" wrote in message

"Cable Tech" wrote in message
Anyone have any detailed plans to build a Panel Saw. I don't feel

like
shelling out over 1,000 dollars on something I could probably build
for less than $100.

ShopNotes

Cable Tech

Thanks for you guys that helped out. As for Doug and Dave, I searched
on Google under asshole and your names popped up first....lol

Panel Saw Plans - panelsaw.zip (0/1) Bay Area Dave Woodworking 5 December 18th 03 11:01 PM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk'sback panel to side panels? (and other questions) Bay Area Dave Woodworking 6 August 28th 03 06:02 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM