Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Aligning hinges on box lid, or nearly anything else...

Sorry for this, but this has always mystified me.

Given a small box that I can put a lid on with either a piano hinge or two
smaller hinges, how on earth do I align it so that it closes perfectly?

I envision using some kind of double sided tape to attach the hinges until
by experimentation it closes right, but I am not quite sure what else to do.

Thanks!