greatgooglymoogly

Default Q: Aligning TX blade and fence

I recently acquired an OLD table saw, I think a Craftsman, with a belt
drive, right tilt blade, cast iron top. Not bad for free. I want to
check to make sure the blade is aligned correctly, and the fence is
paralel to the mitre slots.

Before anyone replies with a long post, is there a good site that goes
into checking this?

Thanks

Chris
Other Brother Kevin

greatgooglymoogly wrote:

I recently acquired an OLD table saw, I think a Craftsman, with a belt
drive, right tilt blade, cast iron top. Not bad for free. I want to
check to make sure the blade is aligned correctly, and the fence is
paralel to the mitre slots.

Before anyone replies with a long post, is there a good site that goes
into checking this?

Thanks

Chris

No site but easy enough.

Do you have a GOOD Ruler? That's one with 64th or 128th on it.

Measure off the same tooth at opposite side of the blade's roation to
the slot. That will tell you if you need an adjustment.

Same for fence.

On second thought you could look he

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ec.woodworking

Kevin

Leon

"Other Brother Kevin" wrote in message

Do you have a GOOD Ruler? That's one with 64th or 128th on it.

Measure off the same tooth at opposite side of the blade's roation to
the slot. That will tell you if you need an adjustment.

A ruler? I suggest a dial indicator that measures in thousandths if you
truly want a clean as possible cut.