Bob Kaplow

Default Wanted: 4mm hex bit

Does any one know where I can get a 4mm hex bit for a cordless screwdriver.
I had enough problems finding the English set, but now I need one specific
bit in Metric. I'd prefer the longer (~40mm) bit, but will settle for the
stubby (~20mm) unit that needs the magnetic holder.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
To reply, remove the TRABoD!

Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

Jim Artherholt

May be a bit of a kludge, but you can get a hex to 1/4" square drive adapter
and a set of 1/4" hex socket wrenches, both English and metric, from auto
parts stores like NAPA or probably from Sears. This would give you lots of
size options as well as the capability to use them with your socket set.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Artherholt

"charlie b" wrote in message
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

On 15 Dec 2003 14:04:38 -0600,
oD (Bob
Kaplow) wrote:

Does any one know where I can get a 4mm hex bit for a cordless

screwdriver.

Try a good bicycle shop. 4mm and 5mm hex fasteners are THE most
common sizes on modern bicycles.

They may have to order it.

Barry

or try Park Tools -
www.parktool.com/tool_indexes/catindex.shtml
when my son was a bicycle mechanic most shops used their tools.

charlie b

DarylRos

I would imagine any auto parts stores that cater to foreign cars would have
them.

Greg

I would imagine any auto parts stores that cater to foreign cars would have
them.

Have you worked on an "American" car lately? Most of the fasteners are metric
unless it is some part that hasn't changed vendor since the 70s.
Bob Kaplow

In article , "Jim Artherholt" writes:
May be a bit of a kludge, but you can get a hex to 1/4" square drive adapter
and a set of 1/4" hex socket wrenches, both English and metric, from auto
parts stores like NAPA or probably from Sears. This would give you lots of
size options as well as the capability to use them with your socket set.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for a socket, but a metric hex key
like bit for cap screws.

But I never checked for a 1/4" socket one. I have plenty of hex to socket
adapters.

Wanted: Cement Mixer Me UK diy 0 March 29th 04 11:06 PM
OT advice on air rivet gun wanted Craig Suslosky Metalworking 2 January 23rd 04 01:09 PM
CNC Lathe Programer Wanted Gunner Metalworking 0 January 10th 04 07:17 PM
Finishing Drawer Insides? Thoughts wanted... Jennnk Woodworking 11 October 22nd 03 05:24 PM