Craig Suslosky

Default OT advice on air rivet gun wanted

Hello,
Im considering buying an air rivet gun and wanted to know
if anyone had any input as to what to stay away from, what to look for
etc...
I have to install some 3/16 steel rivets in an
uncomfortable position. I have put in a few by hand, but it taxes you
quite a bit, and really shoots a pain up your hand and wrist when the
mandrel finally snaps.
Thanks
Craig
James Crombie

Craig
I recently picked up a bolt cutter style riveter. It certainly made
putting in some 3/16 SS rivets a lot easier. If you have enought room
to work with, these are a cheap alternative, and you don't need an air
hose :-)
not the same model, but works the same

Craig Suslosky wrote:

Hello,
Im considering buying an air rivet gun and wanted to know
if anyone had any input as to what to stay away from, what to look for
etc...
I have to install some 3/16 steel rivets in an
uncomfortable position. I have put in a few by hand, but it taxes you
quite a bit, and really shoots a pain up your hand and wrist when the
mandrel finally snaps.
Thanks
Craig

Mustmaker

A few years back I bought the Jet Pneumatic riviter, it has several tips and
goes up to 3/16 IIRC, runs on a fairly small consumption of air and has proved
so useful I am hard put to remember where my manual riveter is now.

John H.