DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wanted: 4mm hex bit (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/24779-wanted-4mm-hex-bit.html)

Bob Kaplow December 15th 03 08:04 PM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

Does any one know where I can get a 4mm hex bit for a cordless screwdriver.
I had enough problems finding the English set, but now I need one specific
bit in Metric. I'd prefer the longer (~40mm) bit, but will settle for the
stubby (~20mm) unit that needs the magnetic holder.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
To reply, remove the TRABoD!

Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

B a r r y B u r k e J r . December 15th 03 09:36 PM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

On 15 Dec 2003 14:04:38 -0600, oD (Bob
Kaplow) wrote:

Does any one know where I can get a 4mm hex bit for a cordless screwdriver.

Try a good bicycle shop. 4mm and 5mm hex fasteners are THE most
common sizes on modern bicycles.

They may have to order it.

Barry

charlie b December 16th 03 02:09 AM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

Kaplow) wrote:

Does any one know where I can get a 4mm hex bit for a cordless screwdriver.

Try a good bicycle shop. 4mm and 5mm hex fasteners are THE most
common sizes on modern bicycles.

They may have to order it.

Barry

or try Park Tools -
www.parktool.com/tool_indexes/catindex.shtml
when my son was a bicycle mechanic most shops used their tools.

charlie b

Jim Artherholt December 16th 03 01:05 PM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

May be a bit of a kludge, but you can get a hex to 1/4" square drive adapter
and a set of 1/4" hex socket wrenches, both English and metric, from auto
parts stores like NAPA or probably from Sears. This would give you lots of
size options as well as the capability to use them with your socket set.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Artherholt

"charlie b" wrote in message
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

On 15 Dec 2003 14:04:38 -0600,
oD (Bob

DarylRos December 16th 03 02:44 PM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

I would imagine any auto parts stores that cater to foreign cars would have
them.

Greg December 16th 03 04:13 PM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

I would imagine any auto parts stores that cater to foreign cars would have
them.

Have you worked on an "American" car lately? Most of the fasteners are metric
unless it is some part that hasn't changed vendor since the 70s.

Michael Daly December 16th 03 04:38 PM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

On 15-Dec-2003, oD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Does any one know where I can get a 4mm hex bit

4mm is 0.158 in. 5/32 is 0.156 in. If you can't get
the 4mm, a 5/32 will often substitute.

Mike

Bob Kaplow December 17th 03 01:11 AM

Wanted: 4mm hex bit

In article , "Jim Artherholt" writes:
May be a bit of a kludge, but you can get a hex to 1/4" square drive adapter
and a set of 1/4" hex socket wrenches, both English and metric, from auto
parts stores like NAPA or probably from Sears. This would give you lots of
size options as well as the capability to use them with your socket set.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for a socket, but a metric hex key
like bit for cap screws.

But I never checked for a 1/4" socket one. I have plenty of hex to socket
adapters.