Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need Grass hinge ID and help w/specs (w/pic)

Hello Everyone,

A friend has a bunch of these Grass hinges he bought a year or so back and
never used. I would like to use them on my current garage cabinet project.
The problem is that he does not have the specs for these hinges and they are
not current, so I cannot find specs for them on the web.

Here are any of the marks I can read off of them,

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/img/grasshinge.jpg

stamped on the back of the cup, 12/1, 07-01

stamped on the back of the hinge knuckle, 07 01

stamped on the back of the mounting plate, 01 06, 160

stamped on the back of the hinge arm, US PAT 6061872

I would like to know what overlay these hinges are, how many MM from the
edge of the door the 35MM cup hole should be drilled and how far back the
from the edge of the cabinet the mounting plate should be.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

David.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 24, 9:50*pm, "David F. Eisan"
wrote:
[...]

If they follow normal convention, the 35 mm hole will be 4.5 mm from
the edge of the door and the hinge plate screws 37 mm from the front
edge of the cabinet.

The thickness of the plate that screws to the inside of the cabinet
wall, determines if it will be overlay/insert/part overlay.

Rye Grass Freckles Home Repair 14 July 26th 06 01:04 AM
Grass or Blum Replacment Hinge CanaCove Woodworking 2 March 1st 06 02:54 AM
OT-ish? PC specs and my new DVD writer Lobster UK diy 13 August 15th 05 09:00 PM
specs wanted for HF 2hp DC [email protected] Woodworking 11 December 27th 04 06:27 AM
how soon can i mow over new grass? MoJo Home Ownership 1 September 16th 03 10:11 PM