Default specs wanted for HF 2hp DC

inlet size?
outlet size?
impellar size?

s2s

I didn't bring it to work with me today, but I'm positive the inlet and
outlet are both five inches. I'm looking around for decent five-inch
pipe for the main run.

Never measured the impeller.

yeah, i tried that

dont see the impeller size and i dont believe the inlet and outlet
numbers

i believe there is 2 4" inlets, but i'm wondering what size the main
inlet is.. assuming the 2x4" fixture can be removed.

On 17 Dec 2004 20:55:41 GMT, DY (Tom) wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...5999/45378.pdf
Work at your leisure!

mac davis

On 17 Dec 2004 20:55:41 GMT, DY (Tom) wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...5999/45378.pdf
Work at your leisure!

thanks, Tom.. i thought I was going to have to go find that for him..
*g*

mac davis

DY (Tom) wrote:

http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals...5999/45378.pdf
Work at your leisure!

it's a 5" inlet, to the impeller... no idea what the measurements of
the impeller is, but it looks like they could have used a larger one
if they wanted to..
the DC comes with a Y that goes on the 5" side and gives you 2 4"
connections..
I moved the Y to the top of my cyclone...

arw01

For a fact:

Inlet Y is two 4"
Remove the plastic inlet Y and you have a single 5"
The impellar is 10" across. There does appear to be room for a larger
one, likely 12" I took a couple of photos when I assembled mine and
posted them on woodcentral.
http://alan.firebin.net/images/hf_dust_impellar.jpg

thanks!

presumably the outlet is also 5"

so compared to other makes the 5" inlet is smallish

hmmm.. so maybe a new inlet could be crafted to be 6"

making the impeller 11 or 12" might be more than i can accomplish

On 17 Dec 2004 22:48:39 -0800, "arw01"
wrote:

For a fact:

Inlet Y is two 4"
Remove the plastic inlet Y and you have a single 5"
The impellar is 10" across. There does appear to be room for a larger
one, likely 12" I took a couple of photos when I assembled mine and
posted them on woodcentral.
http://alan.firebin.net/images/hf_dust_impellar.jpg

Dan

I haven't been out to that dust collection website for a while, but one
thing I do remember is that he said most DC's, including the one we're
talking about, have max efficiency with a five-inch pipe. A six-inch
opening is too big, and if I remember correctly you end up with the
same result as you would with four-inch.

I could be wrong about that, so if anyone feels like jumping in and
yelling "BUZZZZZ! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!", feel free.
If you're into that sort of thing.

rshelton

Changing the intake size to 6" will be useless, since the exhaust size
is still 5". This is also true with the Jet 1200 DC. The intake is
6", but the exhaust is only 5". Locally, the only 1200 cfm DC that has
a matched intake/exhaust is the Delta, with 6" for both.

Rick

arw01

rshelton wrote:
Changing the intake size to 6" will be useless, since the exhaust

size
is still 5". This is also true with the Jet 1200 DC. The intake is
6", but the exhaust is only 5". Locally, the only 1200 cfm DC that

has
a matched intake/exhaust is the Delta, with 6" for both.

The outlet is initially square and larger than the circle the adapter
changes too. Some handy sheetmetal work and you could end up with a 6"
outlet.

Alan

mac davis

On 24 Dec 2004 07:30:16 -0800, "arw01"
wrote:

rshelton wrote:
Changing the intake size to 6" will be useless, since the exhaust

size
is still 5". This is also true with the Jet 1200 DC. The intake is
6", but the exhaust is only 5". Locally, the only 1200 cfm DC that

has
a matched intake/exhaust is the Delta, with 6" for both.

The outlet is initially square and larger than the circle the adapter
changes too. Some handy sheetmetal work and you could end up with a 6"
outlet.

Alan

IMHO, if you're going to build a high tech hot rod, you don't start
with a Yugo..
The HF DC is great for what it IS.. a cheap DC for a reasonable
price... by the time you customize the ports and other specs, you've
bought a better one with your time and expense..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Wanted jake fry Woodworking 2 May 13th 04 05:10 PM
OT advice on air rivet gun wanted Craig Suslosky Metalworking 2 January 23rd 04 01:09 PM
SOMEONE WANTED A KID'S PROJECT T. Woodworking 4 January 18th 04 11:01 PM
CNC Lathe Programer Wanted Gunner Metalworking 0 January 10th 04 07:17 PM
Finishing Drawer Insides? Thoughts wanted... Jennnk Woodworking 11 October 22nd 03 05:24 PM