Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

MoJo

Default how soon can i mow over new grass?

I have planted some new grass in my lawn to cover up some bald spots.
Its been about 2 weeks now and the new grass has grown to about 2-3
inches. But the grass still seems thin and fragile. Is it OK to mow
over it now, maybe at the higest setting of the mower? I've never
dealt with new grass before and I'd appreciate any tips you can give
me.

Thanks.
Dave C.

"MoJo" mrmojo wrote in message
om...
I have planted some new grass in my lawn to cover up some bald spots.
Its been about 2 weeks now and the new grass has grown to about 2-3
inches. But the grass still seems thin and fragile. Is it OK to mow
over it now, maybe at the higest setting of the mower? I've never
dealt with new grass before and I'd appreciate any tips you can give
me.

Thanks.

2" is about the right height for grass after it's mowed. Me, I'd mow AROUND
it for the rest of the season. Even if it grows out to a foot or so. Next
season, mow it like all the rest. IMHO OH, I guess I'm assuming you live
in an area with real winter weather. If your grass will grow year round,
I'd probably not mow the new stuff until next spring at the earliest
nyway. -Dave