barry martin

Default Crab Grass Problems

NQ We know a person that puts a certain kind of fertilizer on his lawn. The
NQ fertilizer kills what he calls "crab grass" and turns it yellow-brown, whil

NQ the rest of the lawn is still green. So this guy always has a lawn full of
NQ large, round, yellow-brown spots. He claims he must kill the crab grass
NQ this way, then plant new grass seeds in the yellow-brown spots.
NQ
NQ What is the best way to handle this "crab grass" problem?

Last summer I started digging out the crab grass with a dandelion
fork. Don't know how it's going to be this summer (the grass hasn't
started to grow yet) but only saw a few re-growths which may have been
missed originally. The grass also started to regrow where the crab
grass was.

Used this manual removal method with the dandelions also. Admittedly
it's a continual thing as the dandelion seeds float in the wind but
does give me a good excuse to be outside doing next-to-nothing.
(There have been are very few dandelions in our yard since I started
this little project ten or twelve years ago.)

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Punny Books: "As Solid As..." By Rocco Gibraltar
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *