Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is there anything that can be done to eliminate theidiotsthat post

alan holmes wrote:

Couldn't fnd any mention of alt.woodworking on my server!

There is such a group and my ISP's news server gets it.
Might try Google to find it.

rec.woodowrking 486,623 messages
alt.woodowkring 1,604 messages

Even if half the post here are spam and none
in the "alternative" that's still 152:1 ratio of
non spam posts. You're more apt to get an answer
to a question you ask right here than in the
alternative.

Stick around cayse This Too Will Pass. And
it's not mandatory that you read the title of
each message, or download 500 to 1000 messages
at a time.

If you sort messages by subject the spam messages
clump together and you can kill off / mark as read
entire groups at a time. Or you can sort messages
by time since they seem to come in bursts.

Bottom line is ignore what doesn't interest you,
if you have a question ask - and be as clear and
specific as you can. And if you read a question
and have an answer or suggestion - post it/them.

And if you get a bit wound up about the spam
take a time out and head over to Luigi's
"A Treasury of rec.woodworking Humour (hoomer, Keith)"

http://www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html

and maybe get a smile or even a chuckle out of
some of the Wreck stories you missed. There
has been, and will be more showing up here,

Don't miss Walt Akers
- The Big Clock Incident
- Scrap wood, snakes, beer cans and justice
- I bought a load of lumber

or

David Eisan's
The EPA does *not* have a sense of humor

or any story by Tom Watson or O'Deen to
name just two contributors to rec.woodworking

By the time you get back to reading this
usenet newsgroup you're blood pressure will
have returned to normal and it'll take
a hundred or more spam messages to get the
smile off your face

charlie b

ps
The Pointy Stick Compendium Project has been
moved from comcast to hypersurf
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/P...OfContent.html