Posted to rec.woodworking

Default looking large faceplates for bowl turning!

can you help me?
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:39:24 -0700, thesuperboss.gerard wrote:

can you help me?

6" faceplates and 10" chucks are commonly available online. I won't
bother with links, there are too many sources available.

Here's a source for up to 20":
http://www.machine.co.nz/index.php?cat_id=WB

At that price I'd probably have it custom made if you're near a big city.
Face plates are incredibly simple to cut from flat round stock. Any CNC
shop should be able to do this for an hours labor and cost of materials,
equal or less than the cost from the above link, and then you can have it
made exactly to your specifications.

Expand your search to metal lathes which commonly have face plates larger
than 6". I've seen up to 26" diameter in local metal shops.