Donald F. Baty, Jr.

Default Router table

I am seeking recommendations on a new router table. I am an "intermediate"
skill level woodworker and am looking for a very good all purpose router
table. Any recommendations?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Donald F. Baty, Jr." wrote in message
I am seeking recommendations on a new router table. I am an "intermediate"
skill level woodworker and am looking for a very good all purpose router
table. Any recommendations?

A frequent subject here. A Google search will come up with just about every
variation you can think of. Fancy commercial cabinets that cost over $1000
to a piece of plywood held up by saw horses.

For some ideas look at:
www.patwarner.com
www.leevaley.com
www.routerbits.com for the Benchdog line

You may want to consider building at least part (you are a woodworker,
right?) and a commercial top or fence.

If you like the best toys, you want a lift. Not a necessity, but nice to
have.

Placement of the router is important. Many have it centered, but I find it
more practical to have it 1/3 towards the front. If I do something large, I
can turn the table and have it 2/3 tot he front.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

charlie b

Donald F. Baty, Jr. wrote:

I am seeking recommendations on a new router table. I am an "intermediate"
skill level woodworker and am looking for a very good all purpose router
table. Any recommendations?

I'm going to assume that you .actually are looking for a router table
top, insert, router holder AND a fence, preferably a really good one.
Making those assumptions check out JoinTech's Cabinet Maker System
and their router table top, insert and router holder.

www.JoinTech.com

Finger joints, through dovetails, half blind dovetails, split fence
will let you true an edge ... Fence can be postioned in increments
of 1/1000ths of an inch replaceable zero clearance inserts between
the infeed and outfeed fences ...

Have had one for about three years and it's a slick addition to
anyone's shop. Check it out before you make your final decision.

charlie b
EvoDawg

Donald F. Baty, Jr. wrote:

I am seeking recommendations on a new router table. I am an "intermediate"
skill level woodworker and am looking for a very good all purpose router
table. Any recommendations?

Rockler Woodworking sells a good one for about $159.00 including the router
plate. Comes with heavy table, fence, miter gauge guide and router plate to
fit your router. For a few more bucks you can buy the leg set.

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/findprod.cfm?sku=894

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Phisherman

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:56:00 -0500, "Donald F. Baty, Jr."
wrote:

I am seeking recommendations on a new router table. I am an "intermediate"
skill level woodworker and am looking for a very good all purpose router
table. Any recommendations?

Definately, build your own! Norm has a good plan that I used but I
made a few changes to meet my specific needs. It even has handcut
dovetail drawers which I did just to keep in practice, almost too nice
for the workshop.

Phil Anderson

Hi Don,

You can take a look at the one I built www.madrona.bizhosting.com using
BenchDog top and fence. Be sure to read the story that goes with it. Even
building your own can be very expensive, but it is one of the most used
tools in the shop.

Best Regards, Phil

Donald F. Baty, Jr asks: