Bob

Default Wax okay over poly?

Newbie here. Is it okay to put a wax finish over an oil based
polyurethane varnish as a final coat?

Thanks

Bob

Frank McVey

Sure, Bob. If you cut back the varnish with 0000 steel wool then wax it and
polish it, it'll look a lot more "natural", as well as cutting down any nibs
in the varnish.

Cheers

Frank
"Bob" wrote in message
om...
Newbie here. Is it okay to put a wax finish over an oil based
polyurethane varnish as a final coat?

Thanks

Bob

Silvan

WORSS wrote:

Sure...no problem, but why do you need to?

I wax everything whether it needs it or not. It's all part of the process
for me.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Phisherman

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 05:28:56 GMT, "David Binkowski"
wrote:

Wipe on or brush on? I'll bet the wipe on cures in a week...

I like to wait several weeks for a finish to cure (and fully harden),
then I apply wax. I use wax on painted pieces too.