Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Default Tormek Plane blade jig?

I just bought a used Robland X31 Combo machine and need to sharpen the
planer/jointer blades. I do own a Tormek and wondered if anyone has used the
planer blade sharpening jig and how it worked out for them?

Thanks,

cm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 13, 8:31*am, "CM" wrote:
I just bought a used Robland X31 Combo machine and need to sharpen the
planer/jointer blades. I do own a Tormek and wondered if anyone has used the
planer blade sharpening jig and how it worked out for them?

Thanks,

cm

CM
i have used the Tormek planer/jointer sharpening jig and found it
worked very well.
William Swinehart
World Gift Shoppes
http://www.worldgiftshoppes.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

"CM" wrote in message
I just bought a used Robland X31 Combo machine and need to sharpen the
planer/jointer blades. I do own a Tormek and wondered if anyone has used
the planer blade sharpening jig and how it worked out for them?

Thanks,

cm

I have the jig and it works well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "CM" wrote:
I just bought a used Robland X31 Combo machine and need to sharpen the
planer/jointer blades. I do own a Tormek and wondered if anyone has used the
planer blade sharpening jig and how it worked out for them?

Yep. Works well, but be careful to use very light pressure -- just rest your
hands lightly on the jig, applying very little pressure beyond the weight of
the jig itself. Too much pressure, and you'll wind up grinding waves into
them. DAMHIKT. Don't be in a hurry. Patience will be rewarded.

--
Regards,

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Han wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
et:

In article ,
"CM" wrote:
I just bought a used Robland X31 Combo machine and need to sharpen the
planer/jointer blades. I do own a Tormek and wondered if anyone has
used the planer blade sharpening jig and how it worked out for them?

Yep. Works well, but be careful to use very light pressure -- just
rest your hands lightly on the jig, applying very little pressure
beyond the weight of the jig itself. Too much pressure, and you'll
wind up grinding waves into them. DAMHIKT. Don't be in a hurry.
Patience will be rewarded.

Doug, could you please repost how to get an updated spamfilter?

Sure thing -- see my sig below. It'll be in a separate post, too, in order to
make it visible outside this thread.

--
Regards,

Download Nfilter at http://www.milmac.com/np-120.exe