Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Free Brid House Plans Needed

The carpentry instructor at our school has been asked to make some
bird houses. It occurred to me to ask here about free bird house
plans since (as in most schools) there is no budget for such things.

Any leads will be most appreciated.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

Posted to rec.woodworking

Darn. The spell checker checks the body of the message but not the
Subject. Of course I am looking for BIRD house plans.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

Posted to rec.woodworking

Errol Groff wrote:
Darn. The spell checker checks the body of the message but not the
Subject. Of course I am looking for BIRD house plans.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

DAGS on "free bird house plans" and got 322K hits. Good luck.
mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 12, 10:32*am, Errol Groff wrote:
The carpentry instructor at our school has been asked to make some
bird houses. *It occurred to me to ask here about free bird house
plans since (as in most schools) there is no budget for such things. *

Any leads will be most appreciated.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

I have some links on my web site for free bird house plans.... Look
under links birdhouse... I have links for other free plans as well.

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Errol Groff" wrote in message
news

The carpentry instructor at our school has been asked to make some
bird houses. It occurred to me to ask here about free bird house
plans since (as in most schools) there is no budget for such things.

Any leads will be most appreciated.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

Did he check the school or local library?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 12, 12:19 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Errol Groff" wrote in message

news

The carpentry instructor at our school has been asked to make some
bird houses. It occurred to me to ask here about free bird house
plans since (as in most schools) there is no budget for such things.

Any leads will be most appreciated.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

Did he check the school or local library?

He might find at least three of my books there, possibly four, with
Dover just bringing one out a few months ago.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Errol Groff wrote:
The carpentry instructor at our school has been asked to make some
bird houses. It occurred to me to ask here about free bird house
plans since (as in most schools) there is no budget for such things.

Any leads will be most appreciated.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
Danielson, CT

Try the local library. Ours has quite a few including Charlie Self's,
one of the posters to this news group.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

When I wanted to build a couple of bird houses out of a load of old
cedar boards lying about, I went to Wal-Mart and bought three or four.
Then, I took them home and photographed and measured each, making
drawings as I went.

Then, I took the houses back to Wal-Mart and built my own versions.

I would think this would be a good exercise for woodworking shop -
might even tie it it with the drafting classes. And, if you want to
really expand the project, get the Art teachers involved.

When I was in High School, I took Drafting, Metal Shop, Wood Shop and
Print Shop as well as Art Classes. I recall creating a statue in Metal
Shop, printing a fancy label thingy in Print Shop and entering the
thing in the Art Show & Sale with a price of (what I thought at the
time - 1960's) was exorbidant - %75.

The damned thing was the third item sold!

I also recall printing up membership cards for some art students at
Northwood High for something they called the Davala Hates Me Club. It
seems Mrs (or Miss) Davala, their Art teacher was driving them crazy
drawing and painting Bamboo. So they wanted an appropriate card.

They gave me a couple of sketches of the bamboo and I created a
linoleum block print of a stalk of bamboo. When I "proofed" it using
black ink, I didn't clean iyt upp sufficiently. When I chucked the
whole thing up in the Candler & Price with the Chromium Yellow Ink, it
picked up a bit of the black residue along the left side of the image
and bled just enough to make the thing look like a four color process
as the green edges blended into the yellow body of the stalk.

They were some kool membership cards.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks to all who responded. I had done a Google search of course but
when I say the vast number of hits I figured I would ask here to
narrow the field. Should have said that up front.

I will pass the information along to the carpentry insturctor and he
can take it from there.

Thanks again,

Errol Groff