Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Man Who Planted Trees

If you work with wood you often develop an interest in the
trees from whence it comes. And at some point, you get
beyond - the wood of this tree is good to work with - and
start seeing the trees as amazing things.

So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by.
And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way.
emulate him.

http://www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks...nted_trees.pdf

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 11, 1:14 am, charlie b wrote:

So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by.
And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way.
emulate him.

http://www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks...nted_trees.pdf

I saw an animated version of this on PBS many years ago.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking
RLM RLM is offline

"charlie b" wrote in message
If you work with wood you often develop an interest in the
trees from whence it comes. And at some point, you get
beyond - the wood of this tree is good to work with - and
start seeing the trees as amazing things.

So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by.
And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way.
emulate him.

http://www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks...nted_trees.pdf

charlie b

Thanks, a refreshing post.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
: On Apr 11, 1:14 am, charlie b wrote:
: ...
:
: So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by.
: And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way.
: emulate him.
:
: http://www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks...nted_trees.pdf
:

: I saw an animated version of this on PBS many years ago.

This was featured in rcent magazine (woodwork, I think). It
won the Oscar for best short film.

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you, Charlie. I started not to read it with the thought I
was just too busy. I was caught up and read every word.

Thanks again.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"charlie b" wrote in message
If you work with wood you often develop an interest in the
trees from whence it comes. And at some point, you get
beyond - the wood of this tree is good to work with - and
start seeing the trees as amazing things.

So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by.
And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way.
emulate him.

http://www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks...nted_trees.pdf

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just to clarify - I saw this link to the story
in a WoodCentral forum and am just passing it
along. Figure with all the bad news we get
bombarded with a reminder that there are far
more angels than A-holes would be a good thing.

charlie b

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message
Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
: On Apr 11, 1:14 am, charlie b wrote:
: ...
:
: So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by.
: And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way.
: emulate him.
:
: http://www.idph.net/conteudos/ebooks...nted_trees.pdf
:

: I saw an animated version of this on PBS many years ago.

This was featured in rcent magazine (woodwork, I think). It
won the Oscar for best short film.

-- Andy Barss

Yup, it's a beautiful animated short film (real animation...) by the
National Film Board of Canada. Definitely worth tracking down.

Bob

New grass planted by road crew Cheryl Home Repair 11 September 20th 07 04:05 AM
Trees [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 29th 07 12:06 AM
ISKANDARIYA - A Sunni mosque was badly damaged on Tuesday when militants planted bombs inside it in the town of Iskandariya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said. BGKM Woodworking 11 March 17th 07 07:51 PM
poisoning weed-like squirrel-planted YOUNG-trees after scythe-ing stalks David Combs Home Repair 5 June 8th 06 02:04 AM
Ever wonder where trees come from? Buddy Matlosz Woodworking 3 January 1st 05 01:30 PM