Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default varnish over shellac

I am building a drop down desk. At this stage I have applied a seal coat (1
lb cut) of shellac (not dewaxed). I was planning to use shellac on the
whole cabinet (walnut). Now I am thinking of using varnish (not
polyurethane), at least on the desk surface. Does anyone know if the wax in
the shellac will react poorly with varnish or not? Any other thoughts?