Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trim inspiration (2nd attempt to post)

Greetings All,
We are in the final (finally!!!) stages of our everlasting remodel/addition
and the time has come to start the trim work. Although my creativity in
this kind of thing is pretty limited, I have a good grasp of the look I
want. We really appreciate the elements of Japanese design, and somehow
would like the trim to reflect this. I will be using square ebony pegs in
upper corners, but that's the only firm idea so far. If you've seen a
pergola with a curved top, that's what we like. Does anyone know of any
sources, hopefully online, that may show different window and door casings?
We have Sarah Susankas books, and may use a couple of ideas from there. I
also have a couple of Japanese architectural books, but they don't detail
any trim. Any ideas out there??? Many thanks if you can help, Mark