Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Deck work - Cleaning and Polishing

Hello,

We have a small wooden deck that I would like to clean and polish it up.
The previous owner maintained it well (since the wood is still good).

I am not a handyman type person. Having disclaimed my talent in this
area, where do I start? What tools do I need? Any advice on how to
make the deck look good is greatly appreciated. My wife and I are
planning to invite some friends this summer. I would like to start
working on it now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:24:58 -0500, Neil Jones
wrote:

Hello,

We have a small wooden deck that I would like to clean and polish it up.
The previous owner maintained it well (since the wood is still good).

I am not a handyman type person. Having disclaimed my talent in this
area, where do I start? What tools do I need? Any advice on how to
make the deck look good is greatly appreciated. My wife and I are
planning to invite some friends this summer. I would like to start
working on it now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ

You can use a detergent and household bleach to clean the deck. Use
1/2 c.TSP, 1/2 c. bleach to 1 gallon of warm water in a garden
sprayer. You can use the product "Jomax" instead of the TSP. A
long-handled brush, garden hose, and old clothing is helpful. Allow 2
weeks to completely dry before applying a stain.

deck cleaning zekor Home Repair 0 January 10th 07 04:28 PM
Cleaning A Deck Scott Home Repair 11 July 26th 06 03:13 AM
Cleaning Wooden Deck [email protected] Home Repair 4 May 30th 06 01:56 PM
Cleaning / polishing marble Kevin Dressel Home Ownership 1 September 18th 04 06:37 AM
deck cleaning BKS Home Repair 8 July 23rd 03 05:26 AM