Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Milking The Wrong End Of The Cow

The Wall Street Journal reports that sawdust has risen from $25.00 a
ton two years ago to $100.00 a ton today.

There is a sawdust shortage...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1204...sub_pag e_one

Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" informed us

The Wall Street Journal reports that sawdust has risen from $25.00 a
ton two years ago to $100.00 a ton today.

There is a sawdust shortage...

Reminds me of a story.

I had a friend who would do anything for certain women. ( A common malady
among young men) She got him into the dog bed biz. He made the frames and
then stuffed big pillows full of cedar shavings. He acquired a big pile of
cedar posts to make the shavings. But he got most of his shavings from a
company that just gave it to him to haul away,

They got in a big order and their source of shavings suddenly dried up.
Everything was ready to go, but no shavings. He had just the weekend to
produce copious quatities of shavings. He didn't have a planer, but had an
old iron, 6 inch jointer.

Soooo..., he fired up the jointer and made shavings for an entire weekend.
They got all their dog pillows stuffed. And he went out of business the
next week.

I guess he decided this girlfriend was too high maintenence.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:18:40 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

The Wall Street Journal reports that sawdust has risen from $25.00 a
ton two years ago to $100.00 a ton today.

I'm rich! I'm rich!

Sawdust seems to be most of what I produce :-).

MILKING STOOL - ? J T Woodworking 1 May 1st 07 04:56 PM
MILKING STOOL J T Woodworking 3 February 28th 06 03:11 PM
Hey, what can go wrong? Sharon Home Ownership 7 September 14th 05 01:46 AM
Okay, I was wrong... John Smith Home Repair 8 August 15th 05 02:45 AM
What am I doing wrong? Maxprop Woodturning 22 August 6th 04 01:17 AM