Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default MILKING STOOL

http://www.sawdustmaking.com/Milking...king_stool.htm

That's one Hell of a lot fancier than any I've ever seen. Sheesh, I
bet at least of you guys think a milking stool is something you sit on
while you pour a glass of milk, so you don't spill it.

JOAT
Never go to bed angry. Stay up and plot your revenge.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.sawdustmaking.com/Milking...king_stool.htm

That's one Hell of a lot fancier than any I've ever seen.
Sheesh, I
bet at least of you guys think a milking stool is something you
sit on
while you pour a glass of milk, so you don't spill it.

Bah: A milking stool can only have three legs or you're going to
get real tired before you reach the tenth cow. Been there, done
it! G

Posted to rec.woodworking
Al Holstein

A real milking stool only had one leg, you supplied the other two, with
the bucket gripped between your legs.

I remember it was a "T" made out of a 2x4 and it allowed the milker to
move with the cow, which a three legged stool would not.

Al

Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop

"Al Holstein" wrote in message
ups.com...
A real milking stool only had one leg, you supplied the other
two, with
the bucket gripped between your legs.

I remember it was a "T" made out of a 2x4 and it allowed the
milker to
move with the cow, which a three legged stool would not.

Al

Actually, you're absolutely right! I'd forgotten all about that
one because I never used one, but wished I had one. They even
have the strap-on kind now; my late brother in law had one he
used for cleaning the teats and then stripping the cows after
milking; I was so jealous when I learned of it!
And, everyone who sees our home movies thinks it hilarious to
see him walking around with that 'stick' protruding from his
butt-side! He used it to get the cow behind him to move over
too, so he had room to squat down, on occasion. Dairy farm, of
course. He had all Jerseys except for a few holsteins to cut the
cream content a little for the plant.

Pop