Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Finish problems again....

"mcgyver" wrote in message
news:YkKwj.1956$w94.1440@pd7urf2no...
Spraying a piece with nitrocellulous pre cat lacquer, have about 50/50
results over the past 2 gallons. problem is that i have to wait for a
"nice" day because i have to spray outside. thought today would be fine
here in the northwest, hasn't rained for days, temp got to 45-50 degrees.
and damn got a blush finish! i'm ready to try my hand at another type of
finish, I've heard of conversion varnishes...what are they? sprayable?
durable? would i get in the same trouble with say an Oxford waterborn
lacquer? I'm always dealing with temperature and humidity problems where
i live and would like suggestions. thanks

First suggestion when dealing with humidity problems - stay away from
lacquer.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 10:49 pm, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

First suggestion when dealing with humidity problems - stay away from
lacquer.

I am sitting here laughing my ass off.

This from the guy that finally got me to shoot poly, told me how to
"hang" a second coat successfully (I thought it was folklore) and you
are telling someone to stay away from a finish?

Too damn funny.

But on the other hand, it could be good advice....

I just figure that is someone else is doing something day in and day
out (like finishing with a certain product) I ought to be able to at
least get in the game.

I am still laughing. Maybe it was your delivery.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Feb 25, 10:49 pm, "Mike Marlow" wrote:

First suggestion when dealing with humidity problems - stay away from
lacquer.

I am sitting here laughing my ass off.

This from the guy that finally got me to shoot poly, told me how to
"hang" a second coat successfully (I thought it was folklore) and you
are telling someone to stay away from a finish?

Too damn funny.

But on the other hand, it could be good advice....

I just figure that is someone else is doing something day in and day
out (like finishing with a certain product) I ought to be able to at
least get in the game.

I am still laughing. Maybe it was your delivery.

Admittedly, it was a little tongue in cheek...

--

-Mike-