Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Steel tools in an oak chest

snip Any thoughts?

My old man kept his machinest tools in an oak tool chest, probably
for around 30+ years, with no problem. These were precision tools. The
drawers were ined with felt. I don't know if the felt was impregnated
with anything or not. I'd say ask on a metalworking newsgroup.

JOAT
10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker

I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

No need to go to rec.crafts.metalworking...I've been using a Gerstner box
for 20+ years and my father used one for 40 years before that...the felt
that they put in the drawers is just felt with some glue on the back. Same
thing with Kennedy chests. Machinist chests, anyway...mechanics chests are
lined with rubber drawer liner stuff...kinda like router pads.

And if you have to ask what the difference is between a machinist chest and
a mechanics chest, you wouldn't understand. :

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:51:35 -0600, "The Davenport's"
wrote:

[...]

stiffer nipples?
(damn, did I say that out loud?)

mac