Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is this a hand plane? Any info?

Hi there!

I just saw this, which I think it may be a woodworking tool, but I'm
not sure. To me, it seems to be a rare type of rabbet plane, or
something like that. BUT, the "bed" angle seems extreemely steep
(maybe scraper), and I don't know.. but can't figure out exactly how
the fence would work. I just uploaded a few pictures of it, and here
are the links:

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane1.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane2.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane3.jpg

Is there any info known about this one? I can't see any maker name
stamped on either the wood or the steel. Any info is really
appreciated!

Thanks very much!!!
Nautilus

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
nautilus wrote:

Hi there!

I just saw this, which I think it may be a woodworking tool, but I'm
not sure. To me, it seems to be a rare type of rabbet plane, or
something like that. BUT, the "bed" angle seems extreemely steep
(maybe scraper), and I don't know.. but can't figure out exactly how
the fence would work. I just uploaded a few pictures of it, and here
are the links:

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane1.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane2.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane3.jpg

Is there any info known about this one? I can't see any maker name
stamped on either the wood or the steel. Any info is really
appreciated!

Thanks very much!!!
Nautilus

What popped to my mind was a Formica edge trimmer. The steep bed angle
would be fine for that but the section projecting out the front wouldn't
be needed...

Don't know what it is (a dedicated to a manufacturing process tool), but
do know what it's not - a woodworking plane.
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 1:27*pm, nautilus wrote:
Hi there!

I just saw this, which I think it may be a woodworking tool, but I'm
not sure. To me, it seems to be a rare type of rabbet plane, or
something like that. BUT, the "bed" angle seems extreemely steep
(maybe scraper), and I don't know.. but can't figure out exactly how
the fence would work. I just uploaded a few pictures of it, and here
are the links:

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane3.jpg

Is there any info known about this one? I can't see any maker name
stamped on either the wood or the steel. Any info is really
appreciated!

Thanks very much!!!

Nautilus

Appears to be a scraper, although it looks a little heavy for most
woodworking applications. Could possibly have been a metalworking
tool, or one for
for a trade such as printing.

Looks as though it may have another fence on the right side, which
would make it useful for planing/scraping items to thickness on the
bench. Such as for inlays
fishing rod sections, or something of that sort.

John Martin
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 24, 1:27 pm, nautilus wrote:
Hi there!

I just saw this, which I think it may be a woodworking tool, but I'm
not sure. To me, it seems to be a rare type of rabbet plane, or
something like that. BUT, the "bed" angle seems extreemely steep
(maybe scraper), and I don't know.. but can't figure out exactly how
the fence would work. I just uploaded a few pictures of it, and here
are the links:

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane3.jpg

Is there any info known about this one? I can't see any maker name
stamped on either the wood or the steel. Any info is really
appreciated!

Thanks very much!!!
Nautilus

Looks like mounting lugs on what looks like a baseplate. It's
a part of another tool or machine.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 9:53 pm, Father Haskell wrote:

Looks like mounting lugs on what looks like a baseplate. It's
a part of another tool or machine.

I'd think the 'lugs' would be to attach a wooden sole - like on a
Stanley 12 1/2. Curious tool.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...
Hi there!

I just saw this, which I think it may be a woodworking tool, but I'm
not sure. To me, it seems to be a rare type of rabbet plane, or
something like that. BUT, the "bed" angle seems extreemely steep
(maybe scraper), and I don't know.. but can't figure out exactly how
the fence would work. I just uploaded a few pictures of it, and here
are the links:

http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane1.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane2.jpg
http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/ba...ane/Plane3.jpg

Is there any info known about this one? I can't see any maker name
stamped on either the wood or the steel. Any info is really
appreciated!

Thanks very much!!!
Nautilus

I think this looks like some kind of rebating plane. Forerunner to routers etc.

-P.

Posted to rec.woodworking

My bet - leather tool

How to set up a hand plane Neillarson Woodworking 19 March 20th 07 06:28 PM
hand plane: sal Woodworking 4 January 28th 07 03:42 AM
Setting up and using a hand plane. jtpr Woodworking 7 January 13th 06 04:44 PM
Should I try it with a hand plane? Billy Smith Woodworking 37 November 25th 04 01:03 AM
hand plane selection Doug Woodworking 9 November 18th 04 09:02 PM