Posted to rec.woodworking

Default garage shelf magazine article

I am having a hard time trying to remember where I saw a project
involving garage storage. The main thing I remember about the project
was that the shelf supports consisted of two boards (2x4 perhaps) with
a triangular shaped rib from plywood forming a sort of I beam type
structure. From what I remember the article was in the last 3 years
but I can't recall the magazine I saw it in and I haven't had any luck
with google or searches of some of the magazine websites. I am hoping
that this brief description is enough to trigger someone's memory.

Thanks,

Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

thanks garage_woodworks, but that's not quite what I am looking for.

Jim

On Feb 22, 8:23*am, "Garage_Woodworks" .@. wrote:
wrote in message

I am having a hard time trying to remember where I saw a project
involving garage storage. *The main thing I remember about the project
was that the shelf supports consisted of two boards (2x4 perhaps) with
a triangular shaped rib from plywood forming a sort of I beam type
structure. *From what I remember the article was in the last 3 years
but I can't recall the magazine I saw it in and I haven't had any luck
with google or searches of some of the magazine websites. *I am hoping
that this brief description is enough to trigger someone's memory.

Thanks,

Jim

This was modified from a FWW article. * Hasn't failed yet:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumberstorage.htm

--www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 22, 7:07 pm, "Garage_Woodworks" .@. wrote:
Look at it again. It's the same thing.

--www.garagewoodworks.com

wrote in message

I am having a hard time trying to remember where I saw a project
involving garage storage. The main thing I remember about the project
was that the shelf supports consisted of two boards (2x4 perhaps) with
a triangular shaped rib from plywood forming a sort of I beam type
structure. From what I remember the article was in the last 3 years
but I can't recall the magazine I saw it in and I haven't had any luck
with google or searches of some of the magazine websites. I am hoping
that this brief description is enough to trigger someone's memory.

Thanks,

Jim

This was modified from a FWW article. Hasn't failed yet:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/lumberstorage.htm

--www.garagewoodworks.com

do you have the issue month and year so I can check out the article?

Thanks,

Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 12:29 pm, "Garage_Woodworks" .@. wrote:

do you have the issue month and year so I can check out the article?

Thanks,

Jim

I could be mistaken, but from your description it sounds like this one in
FWW #181.

I modified it replacing the plywood braces with 2X4 braces that are screwed
and glued.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...pPDF.aspx?id=2...

also he

http://blogs.taunton.com/n/blogs/blo...esmartshop&ent...

If this is not the one you are referring than I'm sorry I can't help.

thanks for your time with this, but that's not it

Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim:

I am having a hard time trying to remember where I saw a project
involving garage storage. *The main thing I remember about the project
was that the shelf supports consisted of two boards (2x4 perhaps) with
a triangular shaped rib from plywood forming a sort of I beam type
structure. *From what I remember the article was in the last 3 years
but I can't recall the magazine I saw it in and I haven't had any luck
with google or searches of some of the magazine websites. *I am hoping
that this brief description is enough to trigger someone's memory.

I can't remember what it was either, but try Family Handyman as well
as Wood, Woodworker's Journal,
or ShopNotes. The on-line indexes might help.

Was this strictly wood storage or general garage storage?

MJ

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 6:02*pm, "
wrote:
Jim:

I am having a hard time trying to remember where I saw a project
involving garage storage. *The main thing I remember about the project
was that the shelf supports consisted of two boards (2x4 perhaps) with
a triangular shaped rib from plywood forming a sort of I beam type
structure. *From what I remember the article was in the last 3 years
but I can't recall the magazine I saw it in and I haven't had any luck
with google or searches of some of the magazine websites. *I am hoping
that this brief description is enough to trigger someone's memory.

I can't remember what it was either, but try Family Handyman as well
as Wood, Woodworker's Journal,
or ShopNotes. The on-line indexes might help.

Was this strictly wood storage or general garage storage?

MJ

general garage storage and with the triangular rib, they weren't
designed to be more than 1 high. I don't recall it the space under
the shelf between the "rib" was used for anything. I seem to remember
it being in one of the hi gloss pubs. , so not ShopNotes. I have
tried the on-line indexes and searches without luck. I don't know
that woodworker's journal was one I tried. My inclination was it was
Family Handyman but I didn't see anything on there site that matched
so I will probably wander the stacks in the library today and hope
they have print copies from over a year ago.

Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 7:48*am, wrote:
On Feb 23, 6:02*pm, "
wrote:

Jim:

[...]

Jim- Hide quoted text -

I did an issue by issue search and finally found it.
http://www.rd.com/familyhandyman/content/53401/

Thanks all for the help. Looks like a great project although a little
more costly then what I had remembered.

Jim